20 yard "Wanabe like Manabe" - Shooting Challenge

Hello Jedediah, I'm Manabe...nice to meet you.
This whole challenge started when I sent my friend Jimmy(Campfussel) a care package that was wrapped up in my practice targets. Well, Jimmy was so impressed at the way I shot that he started these challenges. If you look at the other posts you will see samples of my targets. I was also took 1st place at last years Exteme bench rest in the 25m and 3rd in the 75m bench rest events in the Sportsman class. There's a video of the event on the Airguns of Arizona webpage under Extreme Benchrest.

There really is no rules to this challenge. Just shoot 25-100 shots at a target as best as you can and post the results. The distance you are from the target can range from 10-100+ yards...however far you want to make it. Since I am shooting mine from the inside of my apartment, my distance is 13m....pretty short right!...but most of the guys who do this have stretched out the distances to where they are comfortable...20-30 yards.Some to Fifty and further....like I said no rules.
You can use whatever scope you like..at whatever magnification you like....it's just all in fun.
the targets used can be found in the "Share your printable targets here" post on the following pages in the target shooting section.

Hope you decide to print out a target and give it a shot.
Mike Manabe 

Reactions: snakedoctor9
Hey Jed, looks like our name sake beat me to the punch. Very well explained Michael.

Jed, I must give my wife Renae credit for coming up with the idea. After receiving the targets from Michael, I was trying my best to shoot some of the 100 bulls targets and really struggling and remarked this isn't near as easy as Mike makes it look.

As Mike mentioned he shoots 13 meters inside his apartment as that is the only way he can practice without loading up his gear and heading out of town. And 13 meters doesn't seem like it would be very hard to do right? Wrong.......you try it in the comfort of your own indoor range with precision like this for 100 shots???? I haven't seen anyone match it yet?

Anyway my wife Renae mentioned that I was a "Manabe Wanna be" and she said I should do a post and title it as such. So, I titled it the " Wanabe like Manabe Challenge", did my first post and the rest is history.
http://airgunnation.dev/topic/our-wannabe-like-manabe-challenge/

The Great Michael Wendt started the " 20 Yard Wanabe like Manabe Challenge"

And SPDRCER started the " 30 Yard Wanabe like Manabe Challenge"

On the yardage specific challenges.....we try to stay at that particular yardage. For instance you could start a whole new post and call it the " 25 Yard Wanabe like Manabe Challenge" and we would all try to follow suit at that particular distance.

I really enjoy all of you guys taking this and running with it. Get a big ol' grin every time I see a new post on it. I need to get busy and post some more targets myself, but I just lost my little Boston Terrier Emily who's been by my side for over 15 yrs and the loss has taken the wind out of my sails for a few weeks.

Emily ( 11/16/1999 - 5/20/2015 ) in her Glory days ;-)

And in her golden years

Wow am I late on this response. Sorry Mike. I am not a social butterfly but Jimmy is getting me so...LOL I hope that my photos come through of my bench set up. I am shooting outdoors across an open area so wind is my enemy for the challenge. Jimmy can tell you after shooting my Daystate the thing is a laser, It is mostly me s I am 62 and counting. I will do a better challenge in the near future. I am trying to get a BSA R10 MK2 in ,22 today but they are all on back order until the end of next month. 

I was busy modding a disco and getting a Maruader into shape, Next is the Nationals in Field Target for me and Jimmy. Not to mention the monthly FT comps at our club.
If the photos show, I made a two person concrete bench with a shelter over it. It has storage for the Tack driver bags and pellets. It is set up for 100 yds. I also have a field target set up around the 2.5 acre property. We call it my "Fortress of Pellitude" as it surrounded by 3 strand electric wire...Basically to keep out coyotes and my x lg dogs in.

Man you and that RAW rock. I cannnot telll you how impressed Jimmy and I are... we talk about you all the time...Great shooting. oh yeah, I now have the forum set up to notify me when someone send a post...Hopefully it won't be so long between responses ...LOL By the way the posts on the shelter are plumb. It looks off due to me holding the phone a little cock eyed..
Uploaded at Snapagogo.com

Uploaded at Snapagogo.com

Hey Paul,
Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate it.
You really have the airgun bug! Seems like you are getting the full spectrum of what airguns have to offer. Interesting path that you have taken...most people would have started with the Disco, and build up to the Daystate...but when you love airguns, I guess there is no correct path to take as long as you enjoy the journey.
Your new shooting range looks FANTASTIC!! You have so much room to shoot...very jealous of that...I only have a small 13m lane to shoot. Looks like a shooters paradise, just like Camp Fussell. You and Jimmy are going to be FT champs in no time with areas like your's to practice in!
Look forward to your opinions on your new BSA R10 MK2..I have always been interested in the rifles that company makes and would enjoy listening to your views.
Mike

Oops Mike, I responded via return email from my phone and I guess it went to the moderator.

I said I prefer to buy a gun once so I try to get the best I can afford. I am a gunsmith so I bought a .177 Disco to modify with LW barrel, Lane regulator, Marauder trigger group, new springs, etc. Now I just bought a Synrod in .22 to try some bench rest at 30-50 yds. Wellll it is accurate enough for hunting bunnyscand squirrels but not for benchrest. I am working on pressure adjustment, power settings, and the like but no real progress. It will get 1/2" groups with its fav pellet, then start throwing a flyer here and there. I am done playing with it. I am not about to take this thing up to a $700.00 gun with a LW barrel and regulator. So on the block it will go.

It is nice having the room to play at the Fortress of Pellitude and Camp Fussel. The wind is our only enemy.

Jimmy and I are throwing around ideas on making a 25 yard enclosed and lighted benchrest range. I am not crazy putting it from my concrete benches out unless it can be dismantled easly. I may need too get a vehicle past the bench and the old chicken pens and welding bld seen in the above photo of my range. Meanwhile I will attempt to get a 30 yd outdoor target to match your 14yd ! ......Yea right! ......I will not hold my breath on that...lol

Mike Your right! The range and the ability to do anything with the property is great. I think I decided to go with the RAW instead of the BSA. I should have the money ready this week. I have a promise from a guy to buy my Ruger Mini 14 Ranch tricked out assault rifle, But you know how promises go. LOL

I'm a person who believes in buying the best you can afford to avoid buying it twice. I also like the Daystate Wolverine in .22
Ahhhh I can't make up my mind damnit!
Jimmy and I have a blast shooting for sure. It is nice being close in proximity to another air gunner. I have Jimmy to thank for my addiction. I was perfectly happy doing gunsmithing on powder guns,hunting and fishing. Hell I have not taken my boats into the ocean once this year... I guess I passed to the dark side bad!

I did sell the Maruader to a fellow who will get the use out of it. It was too much expense to spend to get it to shoot accurate at 50 yds. The disco mod is done so now I can work on a benchrest .22..... Oh No! You're another bad influence on me with that RAW !!!! ARGHHHH LOL
Thanks for the challange Mike....

OK Mike I bought the new rifle!. I did not go with any of the guns I was referring to on this and other posts. After shooting Jimmy's FX, I ended up buying FX 400 Royal synthetic, carbon fiber bottle, regulated gun. That thing may be the ticket for the challenge. I shot it rt out of the box and got the groups below. I sighted in on the middle target w/out the dime, then started at the top left. all the groups were covered by a dime at 30 yds and then after shooting a pellet at the dot at 50 yards to get my holdover, (the lower hole outside the dime), they came under the dime too. 

I am impressed with the gun. I will tweak it a little then do a challenge target with it,

<br><span style="font:11px arial">Uploaded at Snapagogo.com</span>