.20 cal.— 3 champions

IMG_0530.jpeg
IMG_0528.jpeg
IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_0526.jpeg

I've always loved .20 cal. I have my Beeman R1 carbine, bought new in 1988; my Beeman HW97, circa 2005 but bought as new this year at a gun show and, in the spirit of "Equity, Equality and Inclusion", I offer my Steyr 110 LG PCP re-barreled in .20 cal by Motorhead and tuned to just under 20 fpe for field target. It's an awesome gun in Scott's favorite field target caliber.

IMG_2939.jpg

IMG_2940.jpg

Last edited:
My fear in buying a .20 is ammo disappearing
I highly doubt either H&N or JSB will ever stop making the few pellets they do in .20 caliber. They may not be high on the production list for either company, but I'd like to think both know they're still money makers considering the number of guns still out there in .20 caliber.

FYI. Airguns of Arizona shows these 20’s now in stock.View attachment 352624View attachment 352625View attachment 352623
From experience, your best and safest bet would be to call AoA and actually ask them if they have what you want in stock. Their website isn't always right and they tend to be more than a bit slow updating it...lol.
Heck, they still list all 3 versions of the H&N Sniper pellets and they were discontinued several years ago. Pretty sure they also still list Vortek PG2 spring kits and those no longer are and haven't been either.

Nice collection. Got to like that 1911. Crow
My fear in buying a .20 is ammo disappearing
I thought the same. I’ve had no issue getting the .20 cal. rounds. They are available right now at a AGS. D&L usually has them as well. Worth the jump. Crow
I would kill for that gun, well just maim. Looks good. Crow

I've always loved .20 cal. I have my Beeman R1 carbine, bought new in 1988; my Beeman HW97, circa 2005 but bought as new this year at a gun show and, in the spirit of "Equity, Equality and Inclusion", I offer my Steyr 110 LG PCP re-barreled in .20 cal by Motorhead and tuned to just under 20 fpe for field target. It's an awesome gun in Scott's favorite field target caliber.

View attachment 352581

View attachment 352583
Chris sweet guns. If you ever get bored of the top two I know a good home for them. I need about 3 mi. notice. Crow
FYI. Airguns of Arizona shows these 20’s now in stock.View attachment 352624View attachment 352625View attachment 352623
You know how to man cry. I tried buying from them before. They won’t ship to Canada. 😢 Sadly we can’t order .20 or .25 Weihrauch’s here in Canada presently. Crow

I highly doubt either H&N or JSB will ever stop making the few pellets they do in .20 caliber. They may not be high on the production list for either company, but I'd like to think both know they're still money makers considering the number of guns still out there in .20 caliber.
There’s no way they’re not making a pellet for a cal. rifle they’re still manufacturing. I’m good for a long time. If I came across some JSB 15.89 I would jump on a few boxes. Crow

I wish I would have kept my .20 R9, traded it then got stuck with 9 tins of JSB .20 pellets.. been looking for another .20 cal rifle.
I can’t sell a rifle. Can’t tell you how many I’ve heard members say the same thing. Hope you find one. Crow
So tempting. I already have the R9 goldfinger and R10 in .20. I don't need the hw30 or hw50 in .20 but the want is strong. Decisions decisions.
Tell you what, I’ll give you great advice. Get both. Crow
You guys are making me want to buy a .20cal. Haven't had one in almost 10 years. The last one I had was a Beeman R-7 .20cal and it was a nice shooter. Before then I had a tuned .20cal R-9 about 20 years ago that Maccari tuned himself. I wish I would have had the insight to keep that one.
It’s never too late. Never heard anyone complain about a .20 cal. Weihrauch anything. That’s way I jumped on board after 3 yrs. of dodging. Good luck. Crow

This evening I shot these 3 rifles HW90, HW97 and R9 all in .20 cal.View attachment 352227These guns beg for a challenge. They were my last 3 Weihrauchs I bought. The 97 might have 1500-2000 rounds through it. Right from the first shot this gun never let me down.View attachment 352228
The R9 followed the same footsteps of the 97. Same amount of rounds. I was using JSB 13.?? Cal. View attachment 352230The last out was the 90. What a gun. It was like these three were in a competition. Three winners. View attachment 352229I can’t say I know fully what a Gas Ram is but I’m impressed. Can’t wait to try the different bars.
I haven’t customized any stocks yet. One day.
I have to say .20 cal. is my favorite cal. and I have springers in all 5 cal.
Let’s see your .20 cal. Springers?
Crow
wow😀 what fps do you reach with thw HW90?

I'm also a real .20 caliber fan. I have two: an HW50S and an R9. Both terrific rifles, smooth shot cycle and deadly accurate.

HW50S

P5040006.jpeg

Beeman R9

P5040004.jpeg

These are the only rifles I have that have custom walnut stocks. I bought the R9 stock from fellow AGN'er, Darchule. While exchanging emails I mentioned that I'd also like to get a stock for my HW50. He mentioned that Jim Maccari had some so I quickly grabbed one. Not crazy about the red butt pad though. The R9's stock is from Custom Stock. I really like the high comb and the trigger grip that places your trigger finger closer to the trigger. That won't be my last Custom Stock.

Love those 20's,

Jay