Theoben .20 Beeman Crow Magnum

Sometimes I hate you. Ok, maybe I'm just a lot jealous. 😊
Congrats. I always say I'm done buying airguns but that one would change my mind.

This is my last one. No more new guns after this. Only sensible purchases like food and clothes from here on out. Maybe some new socks at some point.

and these were expensive and still have a great value in the Blue Book
a Crow Magnum II in 1995 was 1195.00 all calibers
you will see that the trigger is different on your rifle the I-II-II had the same trigger but the model IV change to the flatter trigger and all this was found in a quick search
the model IV is worth the same as it was sold for retail today in 100% that is what the Blue Book says
because of price and the fact, they were so hard to cock i doubt that many were sold

thumbnail_IMG_4044.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_4046.jpg

you will see that the trigger is different on your rifle the I-II-II had the same trigger but the model IV change to the flatter trigger and all this was found in a quick search
the model IV is worth the same as it was sold for retail today in 100% that is what the Blue Book says
because of price and the fact, they were so hard to cock i doubt that many were sold

View attachment 437675View attachment 437676
Hard to cock at full power is really underselling how hard they are to cock haha. I had to bury the stock into my inner thigh and crang it with both hands to get it down. Even at 24ftlbs its really no slouch and I cannot imagine most people would like it. 20ftlbs will probably be pretty easy though. Keep in mind that I'm 5' 7" and like 150lbs so I'm far from a big guy. That being said this gun really made me appreciate how great Sig did with the ASP20. At essentially the same power level the cocking effort is significantly less.

I am not sure. Hopefully @KWK or one of the other Theoben experts can tell me how to find out
I don't know about expert, my friend but thank you.
A page from Trev's Scrapbook http://cinedux.com/theoben-air-rifles.php .
An article mostly about various Siroccos where he states Webley barrels, then Anschutz for them in the text. My 177 Sirocco Deluxe has an Anschutz according to Davis S. as he told me when I bought it from him when he was the Theoben importer.. Like me, Trevor prefers the Siroccos. And I have had them since 1988 when I was 28. There is a casual mention of Eliminators but that's it. I personally never had an Eliminator and never wanted one. I just never cared for oversize guns. So I don't have specifics on them.
1708476319124.jpeg

I don't know about expert, my friend but thank you.
A page from Trev's Scrapbook http://cinedux.com/theoben-air-rifles.php .
An article mostly about various Siroccos where he states Webley barrels, then Anschutz for them in the text. My 177 Sirocco Deluxe has an Anschutz according to Davis S. as he told me when I bought it from him when he was the Theoben importer.. Like me, Trevor prefers the Siroccos. And I have had them since 1988 when I was 28. There is a casual mention of Eliminators but that's it. I personally never had an Eliminator and never wanted one. I just never cared for oversize guns. So I don't have specifics on them.
View attachment 437674

Thanks for sharing what you know. I've only had an Eliminator for about 6hrs now and I can tell you with pretty good certainty that I like the Sirocco more too. Its a much more manageable gun in every way imaginable. I do like me a good magnum on occasion though. The Crow Mag is going to be one of those "every other blue moon" guns I think

Reactions: fishing43

View attachment 437675View attachment 437676
They refer to that trigger as the "Webley Omega" trigger even though it's not even close to it at all. But IMO it's better than the later Evolution trigger because Theoben set up the springs in them completely wrong. I'm working on an Evolution trigger and I believe I can improve it to where it's the better one. Been so busy lately the demand for my work is very high. Even in winter. So it's waiting for me to do it
Thanks for sharing what you know. I've only had an Eliminator for about 6hrs now and I can tell you with pretty good certainty that I like the Sirocco more too. Its a much more manageable gun in every way imaginable. I do like me a good magnum on occasion though. The Crow Mag is going to be one of those "every other blue moon" guns I think.
True, the Sirocco is the sweetheart among them. It can run 20 ft lb. Two of mine run 16 ft lb (.177 and .22 )and they're a little snappy but still deadly accurate. I don't try to make every gun shoot like an HW55. And it's under 8lbs

They refer to that trigger as the "Webley Omega" trigger even though it's not even close to it at all. But IMO it's better than the later Evolution trigger because Theoben set up the springs in them completely wrong. I'm working on an Evolution trigger and I believe I can improve it to where it's the better one. Been so busy lately the demand for my work is very high. Even in winter. So it's waiting for me to do it

True, the Sirocco is the sweetheart among them. It can run 20 ft lb. Two of mine run 16 ft lb (.177 and .22 )and they're a little snappy but still deadly accurate. I don't try to make every gun shoot like an HW55. And it's under 8lbs
This trigger is definitely better than the new Evo trigger couldn't agree more. The Evo trigger is till pretty solid but the Crow Mag has a nicer break to it. My Sirocco isn't quite at 55 levels but its basically a hot HW50S. I think its somewhere around 830-850fps with an 8.44gr.

This trigger is definitely better than the new Evo trigger couldn't agree more. The Evo trigger is till pretty solid but the Crow Mag has a nicer break to it. My Sirocco isn't quite at 55 levels but its basically a hot HW50S. I think its somewhere around 830-850fps with an 8.44gr.
Oh, a Sirocco is very easy to cock n shoot at that level. I think folks got too caught up with power and overlooked them. They're much more popular in UK.

Oh, a Sirocco is very easy to cock n shoot at that level. I think folks got too caught up with power and overlooked them. They're much more popular in UK.
The Sirocco and the Fenman seem to be the popular ones in the UK forums. I would love to get my hands on a .177 Fenman. Those stocks were beautiful.

Reactions: Barenger
Wow! Curious as to what the initial velocity was before you let out any air. At nearly 29 ft lbs afterwards, it was still a cannon and doing that in .20 too. That’s seriously impressive.
Im curious as to what max is as well but I'll never know. Honestly I don't think my shoulder could handle cocking it again