Theoben .20 Beeman Crow Magnum

Got a new toy toy in the mail today! I'd wanted an Eliminator in .20 ever since watching Kevin shoot his .25 on the Pellets and Pistons YouTube channel. After a member here graciously offered to let his go I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough.

20240220_134711.jpg
20240220_134533.jpg

I opened the box and the seller had gone above and beyond and shipped it in a protective hard case. When I opened it I was definitely taken back for a moment. He had sent plenty of pictures but they didn't do this thing justice. It is beautiful in person!

Well as soon as I was done cleaning the drool off of myself and the floor I took it over to the shooting bench. I went to cock it and the barrel cracked open just a hair. I pulled hard and nothing. Pulled harder with both hands and FINALLY it cocked back. Loaded up a pellet and shot it. It was loud lol. Definitely not an HW30S. I pulled the valve plug on the back and released a couple spurts or air. Cocked it again (still a beast but manageable for my little arms) and shot one over the chrono.

20240220_155344.jpg

NEARLY 29FTLBS! Thats awesome but I don't need all of that. I proceeded to release air and chrono it until cocking it was more manageable but still put out some impressive numbers. I ended up right at ~24fpe. Still not an all day shooter but at least I can cock it easily enough now. I'll probably end up bringing it down to Hunter Class power levels around 19.5fpe. That will be easy on the arms and still a pretty decent laser.

20240220_161007.jpg

Here are my first 30m groups with the Crow Mag shooting the JSB 13.4gr pellets. Grouping pretty well for a "new" gun IMO

Screenshot_20240220-160348_Range Buddy.jpg
Screenshot_20240220-160401_Range Buddy.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, you certainly did score! That is a good-looking rifle and accurate, another .20(y)

Thank you! Definitely a shooter! I adjusted the trigger for a better break and then put 5 on the lower target. I had to take a 6th shot at the target above it to make sure I was actually grouping them 😄

20240220_164829.jpg

Got a new toy toy in the mail today! I'd wanted an Eliminator in .20 ever since watching Kevin shoot his .25 on the Pellets and Pistons YouTube channel. After a member here graciously offered to let his go I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough.

View attachment 437543View attachment 437544

I opened the box and the seller had gone above and beyond and shipped it in a protective hard case. When I opened it I was definitely taken back for a moment he had sent plenty of pictures but they didn't do this thing justice. It is beautiful in person!

Well as soon as I was done cleaning the drool off of myself and the floor I took it over to the shooting bench. I went to cock it and the barrel cracked open just a hair. I pulled hard and nothing. Pulled harder with both hands and FINALLY it cocked back. Loaded up a pellet and shot it. It was loud lol. Definitely not an HW30S. I pulled the valve plug on the back and released a couple spurts or air. Cocked it again (still a beast but manageable for my little arms) and shot one over the chrono.

View attachment 437553

NEARLY 29FTLBS! Thats awesome but I don't need that all of that. I proceeded to release air and chrono it until cocking it was more manageable but still put out some impressive numbers. I ended up right at ~24fpe. Still not an all day shooter but at least I can cock it easily enough now. I'll probably end up bringing it down to Hunter Class power levels around 19.5fpe. That will be easy on the arms and still a pretty decent laser.

View attachment 437564

Here are my first 30m groups with the Crow Mag shooting the JSB 13.4gr pellets. Grouping pretty well for a "new" gun IMO

View attachment 437559View attachment 437560
Awesome rifle. Back when these came out they were the hammers of the day. Looks like you have it grouping nice as well.🔥

Reactions: Sqwirl57
after doing some history lessons it looks like a model 4 buy the looks of the trigger
but the stock is interesting is there a history on that
Almost everything I know about this stock I learned from this post. I think Boyd's made it?

Almost everything I know about this stock I learned from this post. I think Boyd's made it?

A lot of Boyds stocks will have that name on them somewhere, usually on the inside of the inletting in black ink, ya never know.

Reactions: Sqwirl57