2 Stroking the HW40, P17, FAS 6004 etc

As another useless piece of information, I have found the answer as to why 2 strokes of the top strap can return 20 to 30fps more Vel in these SSP guns.

Many reports have mentioned increased power by employing 2 strokes in SSP, believing that the first stroke is somehow leaving a small amount of air pre charged into the valve and then going for another stroke... I have been testing this using a similar valve and a pneumatic cylinder.

The information is incorrect. By going for a second stroke (not latching the gun first time) the valve remains open to the outside world while you make the second stroke. Only by sealing the main Piston O ring down at the bottom of the piston, do we seal the air in the tiny valve. As soon as we open the gun, the air volume flows back out into the main piston and the valve pressure is released back to normally open pressure.

After considerable testing, I realised that the volume of air (which remains in the piston for the second stroke) is getting heated more during the 2 stroke operation. This same volume of air being hotter is then functioning at a higher pressure when forced into the valve.