2 more Yong Heng compressor Mods. water jacket & fan

Just a few thoughts. Working in the electrical industry and having knowledge of electric motors, here are my thoughts. Electrical motors are designed for specific applications and are made to perform at different rpms. In this case, putting a different size fan blade or one with a higher / lower angled blade for increased / decreased air flow could cause an excessive motor load or higher / lower rpm speed causing damage to the motor. Might work for awhile or forever or brake next week. Just something to think about. 

BTW, am new to pcp and i think this forum is great for the knowledge it brings to everyone.

PS, werq is killing me every time i see it. Work is much better.

No it would'nt!

It's a 1.8kW motor and adding say 50-100W of extra work for the fan is'nt an issue!

So turning on your compressor at night when AC Voltage is slightly higher (say 116V) then the compressor has a melt down?

Going from 1800 Watts to 1900 Watts is compareable to upping Voltage from 110V to 116V, do the math.

Aliexpress.com has a bunch to choose from, maybe ebay too. Look for a 135mm compressor fan. If you can find one with a 14mm hole you'll be ahead of the game. I just looked for one with non paddle wheel blades , mine has 9 blades but I don't think it's critical. I know it moves a lot more air. I wasn't paying attention to the direction of rotation so maybe I got lucky. A year and 20 hours later it's had no problems.

Can I ask a silly question? Why is it that a lot of folks keep trying to re-invent the wheel, when the wheel doesn't need re-inventing? I'm speaking about all these mods. to the YH compressor. I have had mine now going on a year with no cooling issues at all. I use 3 gallons of water and a full ice cube tray from the fridge.ice maker. I never let it get hotter than 55 degrees Celcius. Bleed the oil water separator on a regular basis and change the oil when needed.I top off my 88 cu ft Scba tank from 3000psi to 4350 psi on a regular basis and my 18cu ft guppy tank from 200 bar to 310 regularly. So as the old saying goes " If it ain't broke, don't fix it"!! Just one man's opinion. For the price, it's a pretty dependable piece of equipment. If it breaks, at $250.00 + free shipping, buy another one and use the broken one for parts.
Imma do a little bit of upgrades but all that is overkill too much, I just want the basic an thats 1, Upgraded water pump 2, Fan 3, Maybe some kind of copper wire or wet rags or something around the hot tubes mainly the top one an near that top nut where water steams off instantly when I spray it so I mean as long as you got those 3 an it dont gotta be expensive I think does keep the unit a bit cooler so im just trying to get some basic cooling things for it ohh yeah I also got watter wetter but thats all Im not gonna overkill it with the upgrades the unit is 216 to the door with 3 year insurance from walmart so I mean there aint no point to going crazy with it unless your like shooting every hour on the hour big bores small bored medium everything an just blowin thru air you wont need all this stuff an even at that point JUST BUY A 2nd YONG HENG an run ice water once the first one heats up, I really like the yong hengs so cheap an Im in the pcp game , I dont know why I though it be more complicated for a whiile all the compressors everything but I reasearched it.