2 for the mk2 crown compact....

2 for the mk2 crown.1645458902.jpg

at 52yrds, using nsa .218 20.2gr slugs @ 925fps.

1 more and i'll have to break out the crock pot !!

@gendoc Good shot placement. Were you using a tripod, bipod, shooting off hand or what? What type of scope and at which magnification?

thanks guys for the good words.....i was braced against a small oak tree for both shots about 20min apart.

using an MTC cobra F1 scope 4-16x50 @ 16x

hopefully this afternoon will bring more around.

@gendoc Whoa! Way to steady yourself for that shot using such a high magnification braced against a tree. It really looks like you drilled em in the circuit box. You ever take a shot like that, look at your shot placement on the animal, then look at your setup in amazement of its accuracy? If I were you in this situation I’d have probably looked at my rig and just smiled after recovering those two. Nice shootin’ man. 

this gun amazes every time i shoot it !

i have been through many projectile to find what it likes at different velocity.

18.1 jsb and nick's 20.2 slugs is far as i need to go.

the gun started life as a mk2 continuum, sold the 700mm barrel and bought a 600......

set it up with it and put the 380mm back on then the 300cc bottle.

bought another mk2 crown without barrel, probe and mag on here.

installed the 600 on it with the attachments for my long range setup.

i have some more time to put in the LR gun, but this compact really makes me smile.

like i've said before.........its a hunting machine !!!!

Mine is a blue laminate with a 580cc bottle. I have 700 mm barrels in .22 and .30 as well as the 380 .22. All I've tried is the JSB 18.1's in the 380mm, and they shot very well. Don't know if I'll ever use the .30 barrel. I may pick up a 500mm barrel and a 300cc bottle to make it more of a close/mid range hunter especially with those 20.2gr NSA's.

this gun amazes every time i shoot it !

i have been through many projectile to find what it likes at different velocity.

18.1 jsb and nick's 20.2 slugs is far as i need to go.

the gun started life as a mk2 continuum, sold the 700mm barrel and bought a 600......

set it up with it and put the 380mm back on then the 300cc bottle.

bought another mk2 crown without barrel, probe and mag on here.

installed the 600 on it with the attachments for my long range setup.

i have some more time to put in the LR gun, but this compact really makes me smile.

like i've said before.........its a hunting machine !!!!

@gendoc See? That’s the sort of stuff I like to read. You know you made a quality purchase when you can replicate that experience. I love to see practical endorsements of good products in conjunction with time and effort spent dialing in one’s setup to fit one’s shooting/hunting style as opposed to phony shilling or template type tuning. It’s a hunting machine because it sounds like you took time to personalize your gun to where it works for you so long as you do your part. That’s awesome and it should be rewarding. I hope you have more success later today. 

Are you able to show a picture of your rifle...I am building an MKI with a 380 mm 22 barrel and would like to see what it looks like with the smaller bottle. How many shots on average are you getting compared to the larger bottle (I think 480) 

Thanks

Tony P.

i get about 2 mags worth of shots with the 300cc and about 3.25 with the 480cc bottle.

its a hunting gun not a target plinker !

fx crown mk2 compact.1645567521.jpg

Try the hades 16gr. 960fps thru my mk1 continuum 380mm, just as, if not more accurate than the 18.13!

Nice shooting!

for some reason, my mk2 superior liner dont like the 15.89gr hades. it throws a flier here and there.

never any fliers with the 18.1gr jsb or the 20.2 nsa slugs.

thanks !!

Hm. The superior may have a less than ideal twist for the lighter pellets. Mine is 3 years old, and came with a pellet A liner (first of the 380mm Crown barrels). I never saw a reason to channge, as I have a superior 500mm barrel for slugs. And the 380 pellet A shoots SO well.