$2,000 PCPs tested at 10-20 yards for accuracy - when will this madness stop?

Well said... I never send a rifle out that does not shoot moa, here are two rifle that are well under the big bucks, At the same time companies can not go and test every rifle that they produce...Thats up to the reviewers and or the stores.. Not saying that they should test every one that they sell but at-lease provide a group of 50yards or more representing that particular gun line. Mean while tuners are held to a higher standard.

B Walton. Please tell me what you would do for a customer that receives a gun of yours that does not shoot MOA? Part of the problem is one person puts out a video of a gun shooting incredible groups and then that is what we all are expecting when we buy the rifle. Manufacturers are happy for the publicity or the illusion that all of their rifles shoot like the video because it must sell more rifles but it leaves the retailer is a tricky position as to which guns do they consider not accurate enough to replace the barrel or gun? I have to believe that only testing at 20 yards is by design .

20 and 35 yard groups are for springers in my opinion pcp has to be held to an higher level. As I test a rifle I try to provide video an or send the groups that were shot with that rifle. Seeing that I have a national BR range 5mins from my home gives me a advantage of doing so. That way if they did not shoot as well, it is not the rifle. Some ppl just need practice, shooting out side in wind and knowing your holdover and getting to know your rifle all are keys to success.

fe7565,

Would be nice to see that from every manufacturer, but not all of them are into accuracy so much as turning out volume. My Steyr EVO 10 came with a 10M proof (1 hole of course) as well as a detailed manual, tools to work on the pistol, spare parts, and spare seals. That's they way they roll. My FeinwerkBau P-30 likewise had it's 1 hole at 10M proof card.

I use AZ for all my gunsmith work and he goes to the extreme to make sure it's right - up to putting 1,600+ pellets though my last build and doing proofs out past the 55 yards I asked for just because "he wanted to find the limits of the gun". Got the same from AZ with the DayState CR-X. That's a gunsmith that stands behind his work/guns.

My Airwolf MCT was reviewed and proofed by (it looks like) "GM" at the Daystate factory with a 5 shot group plus Chrony proof (5 ES spread).

My RAW was tested by Martin before it shipped to Precision Air. I then asked Jim for 50 yard proofs before I purchased. He performed them for me and the "one hole at 50 yards with two different groups" resulted in him getting my order a few seconds later.

So we can get what you are looking for, we just need to pick the brand and a reseller that supports the kind of guns and accuracy we expect.

I have listened to the debate over the 10/20 yard target since returning to air gunning about a year and a half ago. It's been my observation that some do not like the 10/20 yard accuracy target test. Some even hate it! Personally I don't care one way or the other. My decision on accuracy are based on what the guns are doing in the competitions and what others have written or videoed. Not what the manufactures and dealers say. It works for me and I have to say I've been amazed at the guns right out of the box. That said, what if the manufactures and distributor/dealers simply STOPPED making any claims to accuracy. No longer provided the 10/20 yard target. Provided NO accuracy claims at all. Do you think it would make a difference in their sales? I don't. The majority of buyers base accuracy on what we have seen or read independent of manufactures and dealers. And what if they started providing 50 yard targets. Then their would be complaints they were not providing 100 yard targets. It's a good debate on both sides, but I believe will make no difference. One thing for sure. We VOTE WITH OUR $. 

I always try to see the bright side: A one-hole, 5-shot group at 10 yards DOES prove that there's nothing disastrously wrong with it. It's a starting point.

Also, when it gets to this time of year and it is cold and windy, and one doesn't have a 50+ yard indoor range or a buddy with a warehouse, it may be all that is possible.

Is it me, or are we getting ranty here, now that we're having seasonal Vitamin D deficiency? ;)