• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

1st tree rat of the year

Finally got a chance to poke holes in something that’s not paper. .22 Avenger Bull Pup sending 21 grain slug HP ‘s at 890 FPS. Easy 25 yard shot, ran up the tree 5’ then dropped DRT ! I know it’s way more power than needed but the gun loves these slugs.
29F50EF7-ED2C-4003-AEE0-D24B14A714CA.jpeg

Finally got a chance to poke holes in something that’s not paper. .22 Avenger Bull Pup sending 21 grain slug HP ‘s at 890 FPS. Easy 25 yard shot, ran up the tree 5’ then dropped DRT ! I know it’s way more power than needed but the gun loves these slugs. View attachment 340311
Squirrel's are tough little buggers. Takes a good airgun to bring them down with a body shot. Did you eat him ?

Congratulations! My P35-22 likes H&N Baracuda Match which are just over 21 grains. The 4 I got with it in January (none since) were all DRT. I've taken them with less fpe but I like the effect I get from using a little more. My P35-25 is tuned to the same power level and has taken 18 for me. Only two ran at all and they did not get far. Only 3 were not pass throughs.

Yes my gun likes the H&N match 21 as well , which led me to try the slugs. The slugs just were more accurate so I’ve decided my tuning is over and I’m just gonna stock up on the H&N slug HP. My whole purpose in getting this PCP was to protect my Black Walnut trees the buggers just rape. I also have a coon problem and I think 38 ft/lbs. of energy should do for them as well.