• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

1ST thoughts on FX IMPaCT M3 in .177 600mm

I got the M3 in .177 600mm and so far i'm not impressed but laying all the blame on airgun depot for now just got my first 800 shots in today all on the factory tune which is terrible 1st reg @190 2nd reg @ 80 valve adjuster maxed power wheel 16 and quick tune @ 1.75 wasting air like crazy shooting 10.5 gn crosman ultra magnums @ 845 fps 10.5 gn crosman piranha @ 840 fps and 10.4 gn JSB Ultra shock got some decent groups but as soon as the 1ST reg falls out I get a 2 - 4 mil POI shift @ 25 yards, so the last 60 or so shots I have to adjust my scope since I refill @ 150 and the 1ST reg drops off @ 190. Although i wasn't overly concerned with accuracy straight out the box I expected it! My MK2 in .22 700mm performed great straight out the box and even better after the break in and some tuning. I shot all the cheap Crosman pellets and saved most of the JSB ultra shock for when I clean the barrel and find a tuning video on .177 M3 also got some H&N barracuda on the way. 

when did they stop they tuned my mk2 i bought from the 3 years ago

Are you sure it was tuned by then and not just came out the box that way? Reason is AGD is basically a big box store like PA which is there sister company and PA doesn't test guns even unless paid for let alone tune them. I could be wrong though.

Only places that tune them that I know of would be SPAW and Talon Tunes and UA. Could be another one or 2 also that I cant remember at the moment. But Airgun Depot? Very very unlikely they did any tuning of any sort and it came to them that way.

I got the M3 in .177 600mm and so far i'm not impressed but laying all the blame on airgun depot for now just got my first 800 shots in today all on the factory tune which is terrible 1st reg @190 2nd reg @ 80 valve adjuster maxed power wheel 16 and quick tune @ 1.75 wasting air like crazy shooting 10.5 gn crosman ultra magnums @ 845 fps 10.5 gn crosman piranha @ 840 fps and 10.4 gn JSB Ultra shock got some decent groups but as soon as the 1ST reg falls out I get a 2 - 4 mil POI shift @ 25 yards, so the last 60 or so shots I have to adjust my scope since I refill @ 150 and the 1ST reg drops off @ 190. Although i wasn't overly concerned with accuracy straight out the box I expected it! My MK2 in .22 700mm performed great straight out the box and even better after the break in and some tuning. I shot all the cheap Crosman pellets and saved most of the JSB ultra shock for when I clean the barrel and find a tuning video on .177 M3 also got some H&N barracuda on the way.

Your front reg was at 190?? and 2nd at 80? that does not sound like the FX factory tune. I messed with mine when I first got it and had to wait like a week actually to get it all ready to shoot (for personal reasons), I called FX USA and asked for factory settings cause dummy me forgot to write it down when I was playing with the macro and micro tuner to see how it felt. My first reg was around 145 - 150. I think, I don't have my gun in front of me and too lazy to walk to my garage rn LOL. I did see Joe Brancato's video saying bump it to 200 buttt that seems super high and rough on the regulator. Anyway, I wasn't sure of the numbers, at least for the rear reg, and if my front reg was right, I just called FX USA, and they told me what they suggest to tune it to. And man, my wife and I were shooting .5 - 1-inch groups at 100 yards. 

So, that's for a .30 caliber sniper, so I don't know what the .177 numbers are since I don't have one, but I am sure they will give you better regs. My front reg was set when I got it though from the factory, and I went to a small dealer and didn't want them to adjust it beforehand cause I wanted to try it out myself. 

Does not matter what first reg is set at as long as it is at least 30bar higher than second reg. You just have to fill the bottle when pressure get to first reg pressure to get the most consistent pressure from second reg. You will only lose shot counts if you set the first reg way high when your first reg is way low. You just need to make first reg 30~50bars higher to get fast fills between shots, more than 50 bars is not actually needed.

I am new to the FX Impact world, I have the .22 Sniper M3, very accurate at 150/70 (first/second) reg. I just bought a 600MM .177 Barrel and am trying to create a near silent 12/FPE backyard 10-20 yard tune. Would like to understand the settings for the first reg, second reg, valve adjuster, macro, and micro adjusters. Has anyone had experience with that? Can I drop the second reg to 50 bar or should I turn it up and try to adjust the hammer to take small sips of air? Please let me know if anyone has any ideas…. Usually shoot JSB 8.4 or 10.3. Thank you in advance….