• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Do you remember your 1st shot?
Mine was in the winter of 1965. My father had a farm in Vermont, the big house was converted into a ski lodge, 'Norse Lodge'. It was rented for the winter by a group of Federal Bureau of Investigation agents, 'G Men'. Being only 6 yrs old I thought the G in G Men meant Gee Whiz. They would shoot 1911's, revolvers, shotguns, Thompson SMG's and whatever else most weekends. They encouraged me to shoot, a 1911 45acp. Scared the crap outta me, but I loved it. I wanted to shoot a machine gun but they wisely wouldn't let me shoot it. Over the next few years I learned to shoot naturally and quickly thanks to the G Men.
Those good men taught me a lifelong love for law enforcement officers and for shooting. Definitely good old days for me.

No not the actual first shot. I am pretty sure it was with a BB gun. I was shooting one before I was 8 years old.
over the years it has been handguns, rifles of a wide variety and shotguns that I cannot count. I have shot deer, both whitetail and mule deer, elk, antelope, ducks, geese, quail, pheasant, turkey and of course chukar.
I have shot competition pistol events, sporting clays, trap. I have been a reloader, tinkered with long range rifles, and muzzleloaders. I have harvested deer, elk and antelope all with centerfire rifles, muzzle loaders and bow and arrow.
After all this shooting and hunting experience and I end up shooting air guns. Had someone told me this is where the road would lead even 5 years ago I would have laughed at them. What a wonderful trip it has been.

I dont remember my first shot, which was no doubt .22 rimfire rifle at the 15 M range. ( when i was like 10 in 1976 )
Next summer i graduated to .22 on the 50 M outside range, and the next summer again 7.92 mm on the 200 M range.

All my dad taught me was to honor my word, and then he tried less successful to teach me to not steal, but in the end i figured that out myself, and learned in the not hard way.

Later i do however remember the first time, and much too rare due to the problem of finding ammo, i fired my M1911 45 ACP . :cool: it soon became a favorite of mine.
It is too bad i dont have such things any more, or then and now never where allowed to have such things, it was a few wonderful wild years with the powder burners.
I would very much like a M1911 or something similar to that today, but maybe chambered in something a bit smaller. AND ! of course a permission to have such things, illegal firearms are now a strait to jail offence, and you do not collect 500 dollars if / when you pass start.
A chambered / loaded illegal firearm, and all hell break loose, and you spend even longer in jail.

• Wow
Reactions: Doc C.