• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

1st PCP: Regulated PP800/Bandit v. PP750/700

I've owned a Benjamin PCP hand pump for several years but I've never used it as I've never owned a PCP. I've been contemplating a PCP pistol which I can convert back and forth as a light carbine for back yard plinking and paper punching. 20-25 yard shots max. Plan on running a moderator for noise reduction. After lots of reading I found I gravitated towards the PP700/750. Most people universally preferred the 700/750 over the 800/bandit so I've been leaning that way myself. I haven't delved too deeply into reasons why but I imagine the regulator is a big part of it. I decided I wanted the 750 over the 700 for the multi shot magazine so I've been playing the waiting game checking stock every day to see if anyone gets one in stock. 

Being impatient I keep eyeballing the pp700 and pp800 for more more immediate gratification. Airgun Archery Fun sells a version of the Bandit with the Chaser stock and an Altaros regulator for the same price as a PP700SA. As a platform it looks like I can mod and add the features I want to either of the 3 models. With the Bandit the barrel is threaded so I don't need to chase down a secondary adapter for moderator of some type. In Carbine form the stock seems less flexy and more usable than the wire stock on the 750. Magazine fed is nice but not a deal breaker or difference maker.

Besides some small differences in features is there anything about the design of the 700/750 pistols that makes them fundamentally better than the 800 series?. Any quality differences between the versions? I know the Canadian version would be detuned I was thinking 177 and wanting to hit around 600fps for a nice balance of shot count and FPS so I might need to do some slight power mods if I go 177. Though 500fps might be sufficient for my needs with the 22 and not require any type of modding. Is the Altaros regulator and upgrade over the stock regulators of the 700/750?

Anyways I'm basically trying to talk myself out of the AAF Canadian regulated Bandit. Maybe some of you who are much more experienced in these SPA PCP pistols could give me some insight, recommendations, or direction.

TL:DR:

Is a regulated bandit as good or better than a PP700/750?

I am glad a got a Ben.Prod pistol for that,knew I was going to keep it so I in a custom carbine stock,which also works for the 1720...

I also have a Bandit .22,fun enough...

I Used to think I always wanted a multi shoot,now not so much,actually only for hunting ..which I hardly ever do anymore=I would go for the regulated model....

All the PCPpistols listed take about the same amount of pumps and get 25+ shoots.

Hi, I have the pp800 from wes, in .25

Wes is great to work with.

The gun looks nice, but it does need polishing. And the handle if you got the wood version is rather large. The plastic should be more comfortable for medium size hands.

If the 750 came in .25 that would really catch my interest. But it didn't exist when I got my pp800.

As for a moderator, I believe it is m10 thread not 1/2". So either less common LDC or you will still need an adapter.

Have fun choosing, and enjoy the ride.

If your Canadian laws only allow a maximum fps of only 500fps then for me it would be a 22 over a 177. I don't own the 800 but I do have a couple of pp700s and a 750. I like the 750 more than the single shot 700. I would just wait if I were you or probably get a good deal on a used 700 now that the 750 is new and multishot such already includes a retractable and easily removable stock. YO!

I like Wes and I think he serves the CA audience, and the US to a degree, very well. But you have to consider that the pistols he gets are to Canadian spec. If you want more power out of them you need to do mods. Better off getting it state side or through Krales.

Personally I would recommend the PP750. I've had the PP800/Bandit and unless you like chasing a POI all the time, forget it. I haven't owned the PP700, but I've owned the Ocelot which I believe it was copied from. The single shot load gets tedious after a while. The PP750 I bought in .177 from Krales - I had myself on the email notification for about 2 weeks and when I got the email I jumped.

The PP750 has been a great pistol/carbine for the past couple of months. Accuracy is way better than the Bandit (even regulated) and consistent. I haven't had a wandering POI since I got it and mounted a BugBuster on it. I can get about 50-60 shots per 250 bar fill and with a Belitta Atom it is near silent. It is my opinion the PP750 is way better than a stock Prod and possibly one of the best PCP pistols outside of the $900-1,000 range pistols like the HW44 and AP16.

I have the PP800 Rebel with the Altaros reg from Wes in .177. It arrived with a leaky reg but was easily fixed with the supplied orings. I never shot it and installed a 1 inch longer LW barrel. My gun shoots JSB 7.3's for 50 shots at 650fps. It is crazy accurate. It should be illegal to sell a Bandit style PCP pistol without a reg. It is a prime first time buyers gun that just set guys up for a bad experience.