• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Beeman 1982 Beeman Garage score-Yay or Nay? UPDATE...

UPDATE: Back together w/25mm correct vortek seal and 20coil (longer) spring. Still dieseling-off the moly grease (too much-oops). Power is starting to settle down into the 660's fps as the excess moly is going away. My first few shots were dieseling into the 800's!

Going from a tired 400fps gun to a 650ish fps shooter is a great thing! The people at Vortek had the correct parts out to me in 2 days too. Good company. Now some trigger screw experimenting, then a suitable scope...

UPDATE: Back together w/25mm correct vortek seal and 20coil (longer) spring. Still dieseling-off the moly grease (too much-oops). Power is starting to settle down into the 660's fps as the excess moly is going away. My first few shots were dieseling into the 800's!

Going from a tired 400fps gun to a 650ish fps shooter is a great thing! The people at Vortek had the correct parts out to me in 2 days too. Good company. Now some trigger screw experimenting, then a suitable scope...
It will probably settle down into the 630-640 range. Even though it doesn’t " crack" from dieseling
anymore you still might be burning lube. After shooting, break open the action and blow through
the barrel from breech end. A very slight whisp amount of smoke is normal. If it's like someone exhaling
from a E- cigarette drag then you know your still burning lube. And even though it may not diesel it's
still adding a little velocity. Try the Air Arms 7.87 gr. Ten shots of those averaged 663 fps.

Reactions: HPP-Mechanic
Now you got 300$ in it.
i scored this one for $250 with an RWS scope and mounted a vintage Sportview 3-9 x 32. The Sportviews have clear glass and were sold by the many Beeman dealers in the old days as a reasonable alternative to the Beeman scopes. I have two stocks like yours and this later one
P1010079.jpg

I have an RWS Hakko scope. And had another. But the one I mentioned above is a later Chinese compact 4x.
FWIW Tasco Japan airgun scopes are also Hakko of which I have 2. But one is cloudy and the other got "magnummed". Haven't chucked them yet. I've been in the adult airgun game 40 years. Have and had Beeman Hakkos as well but never could stand blue trim color on a scope. I despise it, in fact. I normally acquired those and sold them for a profit or retrieve some of what I spent on a used gun. People pay too much for those and many have turret dials that are crap.
LOL! I collected some nice Beeman guns and hustled the scopes but have virtually no interest in the other items Beeman marketed. A few exceptions