• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Beeman 1982 Beeman Garage score-Yay or Nay? UPDATE...

I picked this one up at a garage sale today for $200. Came with all the paperwork & Beeman magazine (Fall 1982). Has a Bushnell scope and brass cleaning rod too. I took it home and fired around 20 pellets at a 30yd. target. Cocks very easy & only seeing 400ish fps w/ 7.9g CPHP...
So , did I pay too much? What will it take to make this a shooter at 30-50yds?
image0.jpeg
image1[7111].jpeg
image2[7112].jpeg

I picked this one up at a garage sale today for $200. Came with all the paperwork & Beeman magazine (Fall 1982). Has a Bushnell scope and brass cleaning rod too. I took it home and fired around 20 pellets at a 30yd. target. Cocks very easy & only seeing 400ish fps w/ 7.9g CPHP...
So , did I pay too much? What will it take to make this a shooter at 30-50yds?View attachment 383837View attachment 383838View attachment 383839
Nice score. Amazing rifle. You stole it. Enjoy that beauty. ARH has everything you would need. Maybe just the breech bad.

Congrats - highly sought-after version of a classic rifle in excellent shape. The best thing is Beeman's special stock, better than what comes on newer versions of the rifle. Absolutely a bargain.

Probably does need new spring and seals (it's 40+ years old after all!), but try diff pellets. In my experience Weihrauch barrels are pretty indifferent to Crosman pellets.

Nice..
i think i could hit a 1000 yard sales and maybe lucky to find a gamo or ragged out crosman pumper priced the same as new at Walmart ..lol

Enjoy.
I didnt have to work yesterday, so it was either metal detecting or rummaging; I think I picked the right thing to do! This was the last out of 15 stops, Ive bought 3 airguns at rummages this summer, and none were out. I ask every time if they have any old bb guns or pellet guns... I picked up a 1966 Crosman 760 for $15, and a 1961 Crosmav V350 for $20. Both need more in parts than purchase price.

Congrats - highly sought-after version of a classic rifle in excellent shape. The best thing is Beeman's special stock, better than what comes on newer versions of the rifle. Absolutely a bargain.

Probably does need new spring and seals (it's 40+ years old after all!), but try diff pellets. In my experience Weihrauch barrels are pretty indifferent to Crosman pellets.
Im a Lefty, and was happy to see no big bulge on the stock. If I was better at woodworking, I would mill all my other gun's stocks to be Ambi.

Darn, no old Beeman accessories to sell on eBay. Folks give silly money for that stuff.
My wife still likes to roll soda cans with hers after 35 or so years. With a Beeman Sport aperture sight. She finds it to be relaxing and enjoyable.
The Bushnell Sportview airgun scopes are pretty good for the money. Yours doesn't seem to have AO, though. Beeman dealers carried the AO version as a reasonably priced alternative to the Beeman scopes with the gaudy blue (not ever a fan of that 😝) paint. There was a 4x version with blue paint slopped on it (too bad you can't get that off). Sorry, fan boys, but the RWS Hakkos are classy.
Paul Watts has a video that mentions some tuning information about the pre safety R7's.

Nice find! They are indeed nice shooting guns, but yours is definitely down on power. Probably due to a smooshed breech seal, deteriorated piston seal, and dried out gummed up grease.

I would stay away from the Vortek stuff personally, especially in the R7, as it will increase cocking effort and likely give you problems with the metal sleeve on installing it.

Go with Air Rifle Headquarters if you want a kit for it. Snag a new breech seal from somewhere too.

I bought my R7 in 1981 from the Beeman store in San Rafael,it is my favorite springer.I have put a ARH Kit in it and also a Vortex kit in ti. Both are good,both feel different,the Vortex kit has more of a poof to it,te ARH is smoother to me...so now the Vortex kit is in it,I am happy with it and was happy with the ARH= Cannot go wrong with either one.BTW ,you got a great deal.