• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

1932 Daisy 25 backporch plinking

"The Daisy Model 25 is a BB gun, modeled after a pump action shotgun with a trombone pump action mechanism. The Model 25 dominated the low price, higher performance airgun market for over 50 years (1914–1978) before discontinuation. They re-entered production in 2009 but Chinese made and not quite as powerful. There where more 25's sold than any model including the Red Ryder. 

The Daisy 25 I will shoot today was made in 1932 and 89 years old. plinking at a tin can from 30 feet. , https://youtu.be/UmMLxtzYjsw

I grew up in Baltimore. 

Everyone had a Model 25, er, except the kid who’s family owned the funeral home..

The 25s went every where with us.

Even to school and the Saturday double-feature.

At recess and after school, we could have them.

That was in 1958 (6th grade).

I had that rifle until 2005 when it shot its last BB.

It had been with me in the Air Force and traveled to South Korea (3 tours (39 months)), Viet Nam and Berlin, Germany.

I bought two of the Chinese knock-offs. One for me and one for my partner in Kansas.

I sent mine back.

I found a Variant 7 a couple of years ago.

It shoots like the first one with a bit better stock:

C7616DD7-4459-4011-B1A7-863BC032B2F1.1628957844.jpeg

I made a video, too:

https://youtu.be/2jbutve7lz0

My father in law had two mod 25s in his garage. The sides of the receiver on one were blued and engraved. The other one was black and painted on the sides like the picture in the previous post. 

Finding them gave me something to do on visits. It was definitely fun plinking away and watching the BBs curve their way toward the target while wondering where it was going to hit. Took a while to get the sights adjusted to be on paper consistently at 40-45 feet. Shooting a coffee can was bad idea. Sometimes them BBs come back just as fast.

Professor,

That was one of your best ones yet. Still enjoying the backyard plinking format as well as officially meeting Blanco. Blanco means "white" in Spanish, so couldn't think of a more appropriate name. He seemed a little camera shy but sure not gun shy. Wow, I was shocked to see an 89 year old gun shoot so fast and accurate! What a group! Guess they don't make them like that anymore. Never came across one of those guns in my youth but sure wish I had. Thanks again for bringing these "oldtimers" back to us and keep up your important work.

WM