• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

1889 P.I.W. Co. BB Gun

I recently obtained a bb gun with markings on the top to include R.I.W. Co. 1889. This bar with the embossing on the top (see pictures) is attached to a rod with a spring around it inside the back part of the barrel. This top part is not currently attached to the top part of the barrel. Thus the reason for some rubber bands on it to hold it to the barrel to take the pictures. The end of the barrel has a small opening for a bb to emerge. I know this gun is similar to the ones made by Windmill Company of Plymouth, Michigan. It is currently not functional. It displays nicely. Is this a repo? What would the approximate value of it be? Thanks for any information I can obtain.
DSCF5585.1611272038.JPG
DSCF5590.1611272042.JPG
DSCF5593.1611272042.JPG
DSCF5603.1611272044.JPG
DSCF5605.1611272046.JPG

I know nothing but it certainly looks original. MAY have been cleaned up with a lot of 0000 steel wool. Regardless, quite a find.

Daisy Outdoor Products - Wikipedia

"Daisy Outdoor Products (known primarily as Daisy) is an American airgun manufacturer known particularly for their lines of BB guns. It was formed in 1882 initially as the Plymouth Iron Windmill Company to manufacture steel windmills, and from 1888 started bundling BB-caliber air guns with each windmill purchase as a sales promotion."