18 Pounds of Pellets

I cleaned out my pellet trap again over the last couple of days. I used an old, already ruined, pan to melt them down - shown pretty full with pellets in the picture. It is now dedicated to doing this. I got 19 lbs of lead bars but my bathroom scales said it was 18 lbs of pellets. Either way it's a lot of pellets. I knew that pellet trap had gotten heavy.

I tried dumping the trap into a 5 gallon bucket half full of water. It did not get rid of all the rubber mulch but it cut it down a lot. Most of it stayed near the surface. I scooped that out and put it on something to dry. Then I scooped what I could out of the mess at the bottom of the bucket. Last I dumped the bucket on my back porch and used a leaf blower to further separate things. Worked pretty well but still took time. There was still debris in the pellets when I started melting them down on the side burner of the grill on the back porch but I scooped that off the molten lead.

Some of the lead will probably be used to make a small back anchor for the fishing boat I am getting outfitted. Not sure what I'll do with the rest. But the trap is a lot lighter.

18 lbs of pellets.jpg