• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

18 birds and one mouse... with my Atomic XR

Took the Bantam HR and Atomic to the ex dairy. They still have some livestock and fowl running around. So they still have critters to shoot. The woodchuck saw me first and he was at twenty yards. At that point the Bantam stayed in the truck and I set up on the uncooperative chuck. No luck. Anyway I set up in the hoop house and went about punishing the pictured unfortunates. They were all shot in the act of stealing feed. Excepting the last starling taken off peak of pictured roof (33 yards). The mouse kill was at 18 yards, the rest of the kills were from 18-40 yards. I shot my Atomic XR at the two lower TP settings in the hoop house. I could see the pellet entering the starlings' chest. I wasn't able to recover 3 birds. All critters taken with Crosman Premier Hollowpoints. With my 30 FPE Bantam 90% of today's shots would have been off limits. As you can see it is a crowded environment so judicious shooting is the top priority. Am simply loving this little pesting machine.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Luis! Awesome shooting on the feathers and lone mouse with your Atomic! That is a beautiful farm and your photography skills are exceptional. Got a pair of adult rats last night just a few minutes apart, haven't had much traffic the past 2 years. It's breeding season for them here and have seen them running and chasing each other on the patio and yard walls, they are very skittish during breeding season but settled down last night, wireless doorcam works fabulously for the rats LOL.

Reactions: L.Leon
Luis by shooting mice you prove that the Atomic XR is indeed a stable platform and that you sir are a pretty good shot. I am now leaning toward a purchase myself, because of the exploits of Dana, yourself and others. A question I have, is do you think that .22 would be the max caliber for this platform? Some have said that the small air tube limits the shot count. But you say your getting about thirty shots per fill, which for this very small platform is good enough for me. As I am looking to replace a Prod with this platform.

@SHOMER, I wouldn't purchase the Atomic in .25, where it shines is in .177 and .22 calibers. I'm getting at least 30 shots from a full fill. A full fill is plenty for hunting and even while pesting. Getting anything over twenty opportunities on pests? You're still covered... Mine is zeroed at 40 yards, at the lowest TP setting, dead on at 20-25 yards. If you do get one you'll see for yourself what a solid little platform it is. Good luck.

Reactions: SHOMER
@Redtick12, definitely looking forward to your impressions. You already know how I feel about the Atomic. Your Ranger with the folding stock and picatinny rails is going to be sweet. Have been shooting mine almost daily from 20 to 50 yards the hits I get inspire my confident pesting with my Atomic. Fun times ahead for you. Try some Crosman Premier Hollowpoints from Walmart,mine is doing great with them out to 40-50 yards on pest birds.

Do you shoot inside the hoop house ? seems to me a good place to have holes in the house ?
Yes, I shoot inside the hoop house. Would YOU take shots that would put holes in the house? I don't, I believe you wouldn't either. We understand that knowing what is beyond your target is a basic rule of hunting or pesting.