• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.177 vs .22 practical trajectory?

Okay, please correct me if I am wrong, maybe I am. I looked at NSA’s website and I checked out the 20.5 gr 177 slugs vs the similar weight 22 counterparts.

According to NSA the BC for both slugs is the same, BUT the 177 has a smaller ID so chances are it is a bit longer, thus aerodynamic vs a 22 slug of the same weight.

Maybe I am high, but there should be no more drift or even less with a 177 vs 22 slug at a similar range. Again maybe I am high or don’t understand ballistics.

Okay, please correct me if I am wrong, maybe I am. I looked at NSA’s website and I checked out the 20.5 gr 177 slugs vs the similar weight 22 counterparts.

According to NSA the BC for both slugs is the same, BUT the 177 has a smaller ID so chances are it is a bit longer, thus aerodynamic vs a 22 slug of the same weight.

Maybe I am high, but there should be no more drift or even less with a 177 vs 22 slug at a similar range. Again maybe I am high or don’t understand ballistics.

In powder burning guns I believe if the bullet weight is the same and the ballistic coefficients are similar, the slower bullet gets drifted more.

Hey buddy,

I hope that AG is treating you well🙂.

If you want to get into knowing the trajectory for it or anything else, I have to say this, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.borisov.strelokpro&hl=en&gl=US can't be beat!

Airguns aren't just something to shoot when one can't get out to the range. Subsonic airgun projectiles will make a expert marksman out of anyone that starts down this road. Several programs out there to map your projectiles flight path as far as you're willing to holdover & click.

View attachment 170015
James, I know I'm digging up a necro-thread, but please tell me about that fancy trajectory knob you've got there.

Reactions: JamesD.
Hello Triggernosis!
I think you’re referring to the “Dial O Death” elevation turret. The target turret shown on SWFA 10x is made by Eric Sanders. AZ, among others also offers them matched directly to projectile, weight/speed, BC.

314770EB-17E5-4095-81AD-BA764E09AB60.jpeg

1D4939B9-1B46-4381-A3D6-2E71B9FEAA23.jpeg

Reactions: Triggernosis