177 slugs... Learning curve

I've shot pellets in wind so much over the years with given rifle and it's pellet of choice its become second nature where to hold... Then comes slugs. With my lil 177 slugger I got my hold overs down..but in the wind my hold off... Not so much.. there was a decent amount of wind today when I was out on the farm starling popping... Miss after miss I was thinking "what is wrong with my rifle" or "maybe it's just too much for a 177 today" ( I can usually pop starlings out to 80 yards no problem) nope... As usual it's the shooter. I got a glimpse of my slug through my scope missing AGAIN.. I got so in tune shooting a 177 pellet my hold off in a cross wind with slugs was wasaay off.. once I finally seen it.. two starlings in two shots take a dirt nap. Even a 177 slug bucks the wind pretty good... what a evening.. . 20+ shots and 3 starlings .. geeze I'm a slow learner!

I've shot pellets in wind so much over the years with given rifle and it's pellet of choice its become second nature where to hold... Then comes slugs. With my lil 177 slugger I got my hold overs down..but in the wind my hold off... Not so much.. there was a decent amount of wind today when I was out on the farm starling popping... Miss after miss I was thinking "what is wrong with my rifle" or "maybe it's just too much for a 177 today" ( I can usually pop starlings out to 80 yards no problem) nope... As usual it's the shooter. I got a glimpse of my slug through my scope missing AGAIN.. I got so in tune shooting a 177 pellet my hold off in a cross wind with slugs was wasaay off.. once I finally seen it.. two starlings in two shots take a dirt nap. Even a 177 slug bucks the wind pretty good... what a evening.. . 20+ shots and 3 starlings .. geeze I'm a slow learner!
Sounds fine to me. You learned🤗 that's part of having fun with the lead slingers🤣🤙inadvertently learning for the win😅

Reactions: Jasonmc
What slugs were you shooting? As it happens I had my daystate mk4 .177 out today. Cool but sunny. It prefers the nsa 12.5. But I had some new Zan 10gr and Wildman 13gr. To try. The zan, not so much. The Wildman, although very dirty from the box shot nearly as good as the nsa. But I will be sticking with nsa. The quality is hard to beat and a much better price. Plus a little family business from USA. What's not to love

What slugs were you shooting? As it happens I had my daystate mk4 .177 out today. Cool but sunny. It prefers the nsa 12.5. But I had some new Zan 10gr and Wildman 13gr. To try. The zan, not so much. The Wildman, although very dirty from the box shot nearly as good as the nsa. But I will be sticking with nsa. The quality is hard to beat and a much better price. Plus a little family business from USA. What's not to love
I'm shooting 13gr zan slugs.. in my rifle (RTI compact, 510mm 177 barrel)
Nsa 12.5 are my second choice. zans group a tad bit better... I'll shoot either as long as I tune it to them.. can't run one tuned for the other...
I did do a lot of barrel polishing to get slugs to shoot.

I'm shooting 13gr zan slugs.. in my rifle (RTI compact, 510mm 177 barrel)
Nsa 12.5 are my second choice. zans group a tad bit better... I'll shoot either as long as I tune it to them.. can't run one tuned for the other...
I did do a lot of barrel polishing to get slugs to shoot.
Just a quesiton, the transferport restrictor how much mm u have it to reach that velocity 3mm or 4mm? thank you !