.177 slug shooters - nsa 15's? ( vs jsb ko's @13.43 which are REALLY good )

I've been shooting the jsb ko's in 13.43 in my RTI Prophet Performance for a couple of months now and the thing is deadly with them. Accurate, hard hitting ( sometimes hilariously loud "thwack" when it hits starlings and/or pigeons ) - I've no complaints with them. They're going about 980-985'ish fps. I'm down to a couple of tins left . . . I either need to re-stock *OR* . . . . try something a little heavier / beefier like the nsa 15's??? (( or do I? ))

Those of you shooting .177 slugs - opinions on the nsa 15's ( or some other brand that is heavier than the ko's? ) - OR - just stick to what I know works and leave it be? The wind does still move them around some ... yeah I know - .177 - small & light - what do you expect? ;-) Thus - sort of toying with possibly playing with something a little heavier.

Did you see where H&N is now making the Slug HP in .177? They are doing 13, 16 and 20 grain. Link below.

Good stuff - thanks guys.

@SorenDrost - would it be ok for me to inquirer what your reg and speed settings are for the prophet with these - ie; reg @160, and 960 fps for example - just so I could have something to start out with as a reference if I pick some up to test.

Oh -- @Cannonball - yeah - those H&N's look nice. They don't appear to be readily available anyplace just yet though. I shoot them in my .25 RTI @34g and they are deadly accurate.

Reactions: SorenDrost
Good stuff - thanks guys.

@SorenDrost - would it be ok for me to inquirer what your reg and speed settings are for the prophet with these - ie; reg @160, and 960 fps for example - just so I could have something to start out with as a reference if I pick some up to test.

Regulator at 155 bar and shooting the ZAN 16 gr slugs at 920 FPS 👍🙂🎯

A4911B7A-98DC-4BE6-BEFF-73F522F20157.jpeg

Guys -- so the RTI's .177 barrel isn't very long @500'ish mm ( I think ). Gerhard ( the South African guy ) was shooting the new H&N 20's out of his FX but he also has a 700mm barrel in that thing. The H&N's don't even appear to be available yet so . . . looking around I came across ( remembered actually ) about the guy(s?) @griffin and thought - why not? I'm just experimenting anyway - I'm happy with the 13.4 JSB KO's - so what have I got to lose? I ordered up two bags ( 120 count per bag ) of Griffin's 16g and 18g slugs - these ones.

The 18's are *awesome*. :) I'm chucking them @910-915 fps and they are dead nuts accurate out in my back yard from 10 - 70 yards. 70 is as far as I can go @home. 33 ft/lbs - and accurate - out of a .177. Nice. I'm getting a decent 60-70 shots out of it too.

The 16's on the other hand - weirdly - they were *horrible*. Shotgun city. Its weird how such a seemingly small difference in ammo can make such a huge difference in performance in a given barrel.

Anyway - picture below is my RTI .177 slugger after just having finished up ranging it out in the back yard.
rti_griffin_18s.jpg

Reactions: woogie_man