.177 Slug in a Hatsan Vectis?

Has anyone tried this with any success? My Vectis with a 10.5gr pellet is amazingly accurate out to 65 yards with no wind, but there usually is wind. The trees are starting to bud and I need to shoot some starlings before the leaves pop open and I can't wait, or rely, on having a windless day. I can usually handle a 5 mph wind shot but gusting to over 10 is tough. I am hoping slugs with double the B.C. would even out my odds. My gun right now is almost at it's lowest hammer setting and I am getting 21fpe so I know I have plenty of power in reserve for slugs. I am admittingly being a little bit lazy and cheap because I really don't want to buy and try every slug out there. Usually a consensus occurs, as with JSB 18gr .22 pellets, where one shoots the best in most guns. I am wondering if any of the Hatsan Flash or Vectis .177 shooters have found a winning slug/velocity combo I could try as a starting point? Thanks for sharing any experience that could help.

In case anyone else is ever interested in trying slugs in a .177 Vectis, here is some initial results I got without changing my previous setting. My tune shoots 10.5gr CPD at 950fps, 13.43gr JSB at 850fps. I got some NSA 12.5gr slugs and they shoot at 882fps. The accuracy seems to be pretty good but I haven't been able to properly check that due to bad weather but 20 yard accuracy was one ragged hole. Hopefully that won't fall apart when I shoot at 50 yards, we'll see. I seemed to have gotten lucky with the NSA 12.5gr slug for a first attempt, so far.

update: I sighted in at 50y today, as much as I could in the wind anyway, and decided to try a 120y shot. Put all the data into Strelok, 8 o'clock wind at 10mph, -3 degree angle, 120 yards; first shot = dead nuts hit! I have never even attempted to shoot this far with a .177 and this seemed pretty easy, and this is a Hatsan Vectis. I am staring to understand the appeal. Being mindful of where the slugs land really limits the shots that can be taken too so we'll see just how practical slugs turn out to be for Starlings, to me, where I am at. For long range plinking though they bring the fun to another level.