• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

HW/Weihrauch 177 shoot out later today.

Dodging the rain and shooting in between gust I kept rotating through my rifles. I started with my squirrel gun for the first two lines. It's my Hw50 with a 4x Hawke centerfire scope. The second two rows are my first Weihrauch. A 177 Hw95. The last row is my green 177 Hw97. All these are five shots of 8.44s from the same tin at 25 yards.
20240222_181525.jpg

The first storm passed and I grew some balls and took the 97 out to 50 yards. I shot these four targets with adjustments in between before the second storm had me packing in. The red dots are 3/4"
20240222_173522.jpg
IMG_4973.jpg

Here's me shooting the 97 at 50 yards in my typical positioning with the 97. Looks posed but it's not. I trigger this gun with my middle finger.
IMG_4969.jpg

Lots of fun today,
Be well all.
Ron

Ron
good shooting.. I was surprised that you trigger with the middle finger.. I have a hatsan blitz 22 and it has a really hard trigger pull but I use the trigger finger along the side of the gun and middle finger to shoot like you are doing and I found out that once your trigger finger gets tired and I go to the middle finger I don't pull the shots..
it's nice to see I'm not the only one 😊
Mark

Dodging the rain and shooting in between gust I kept rotating through my rifles. I started with my squirrel gun for the first two lines. It's my Hw50 with a 4x Hawke centerfire scope. The second two rows are my first Weihrauch. A 177 Hw95. The last row is my green 177 Hw97. All these are five shots of 8.44s from the same tin at 25 yards. View attachment 438325
The first storm passed and I grew some balls and took the 97 out to 50 yards. I shot these four targets with adjustments in between before the second storm had me packing in. The red dots are 3/4"
View attachment 438326View attachment 438327
Here's me shooting the 97 at 50 yards in my typical positioning with the 97. Looks posed but it's not. I trigger this gun with my middle finger. View attachment 438330
Lots of fun today,
Be well all.
Ron
Looks like a great place to shoot. The last group on the right came together with the 97K.

Ron
good shooting.. I was surprised that you trigger with the middle finger.. I have a hatsan blitz 22 and it has a really hard trigger pull but I use the trigger finger along the side of the gun and middle finger to shoot like you are doing and I found out that once your trigger finger gets tired and I go to the middle finger I don't pull the shots..
it's nice to see I'm not the only one 😊
Mark
I've often used my middle finger to trigger all my guns. It works quite well. This method makes it impossible to clench your hand on the trigger pull when your pointer is straddling the stock.

My 97 almost demands this method of me because the wrist of the stock is so thick. If I were to shoot it in normal fashion my pointer finger has to awkwardly angle down and around the thick wrist before it touches the trigger. With this stock I find my middle finger lines up much better with the trigger. It gives me a more direct straight back pull if that makes sense.

You can't let the 50 out group the 97K..lol.
The 50 has a 100 yards parallax 4x on it too. I love this package. Light,handy and no fiddling with adjustments. It's the middle gun.
IMG_1133.jpeg

Truth is the 97 typically shoots better than those first four groups. It later shot almost the same sizes at 50 yards as I first did with it at 25. All that and you still couldn't pay me to carry the 97 around the property. The 50 is my squirrel gun. Always shoot minute of squirrel. It's one of my most consistent POI springers.

The 50 has a 100 yards parallax 4x on it too. I love this package. Light,handy and no fiddling with adjustments. It's the middle gun.
View attachment 438514
Truth is the 97 typically shoots better than those first four groups. It later shot almost the same sizes at 50 yards as I first did with it at 25. All that and you still couldn't pay me to carry the 97 around the property. The 50 is my squirrel gun. Always shoot minute of squirrel. It's one of my most consistent POI springers.
50 looks like the perfect squirrel gun.

Reactions: PEP3 and Mycapt65