.177 RedWolf HP 100 yards

675CB762-02B7-4232-81EE-ED5D4B25B0CF.jpeg
E3F846E5-006B-4167-A452-EB96D11FA5DB.jpeg
F41F7379-1720-4444-A3DA-9E336504F02B.jpeg
I shot 13.43 knock out slugs at 100 yards at a little chipmunk target and a spinner.
It was dead calm and I couldn’t seem to miss, until I tried shooting at the N50 target at 100 yards and it was so frustrating! Paper is way harder for me for some reason lol.
I’ll post pictures of my attempts at the N50 target later on, it’s 100 yards up hill through heavy brush so I’m going to do it when it’s not so hot.

View attachment 277634View attachment 277635View attachment 277636I shot 13.43 knock out slugs at 100 yards at a little chipmunk target and a spinner.
It was dead calm and I couldn’t seem to miss, until I tried shooting at the N50 target at 100 yards and it was so frustrating! Paper is way harder for me for some reason lol.
I’ll post pictures of my attempts at the N50 target later on, it’s 100 yards up hill through heavy brush so I’m going to do it when it’s not so hot.
Terrible pictures, they are five shot groups but hard to see.

Reactions: ThomasT
Still good for a 177 at that range. I've tried the Knockouts in my Alpha Wolf 177 and they are decent out to 40-50 yards but by 100 yards I can't even keep them on the target. Red Wolf has a much better barrel for slugs.
I'm itching to try the JSB 16.2gr Beast and the Gamo G-Hammer 15.42gr at 100 as they are both doing very well in the 40-50 yards range.

Try to figure out how you can create the same mental place when you’re shooting at paper as when you’re shooting at metal.

Think them into the circle ⭕️ just like you imagine them hitting metal.

In my mind I imagine the pellets going right on top of each other all through the same hole every time I pull the trigger I can see it spinning right through the hole.

Looks like you’re enjoying your red wolf.

Mike

Try to figure out how you can create the same mental place when you’re shooting at paper as when you’re shooting at metal.

Think them into the circle ⭕️ just like you imagine them hitting metal.

In my mind I imagine the pellets going right on top of each other all through the same hole every time I pull the trigger I can see it spinning right through the hole.

Looks like you’re enjoying your red wolf.

Mike
Excellent advice Mike, I think you are spot on. It’s almost like mental follow through.
When I’m shooting paper there’s all the other targets around the one I’m shooting at and it breaks my concentration I think.
When I’m shooting steel or a small object there’s no other targets to think about.
So I’m going to focus on only the one bull just like it’s a spinner paddle.
What a magic rifle the RedWolf is, almost hard to believe it can be this good.