• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

177 Prometheus pellet (and others) pictures

97D4D5BA-EC51-46D6-9C09-BF86BA32854E.jpeg

The box…

3355D060-4F5E-4DAC-9DCE-45ABAF3C7CA9.jpeg

left to right
Prometheus 6.1 gr, JSB Diablo Exact Heavy 10.34gr, H&N Silver Point 11.57gr, FX 13.4gr (JSB Exact Monster copy)

I had 3 types of the Prometheus pellets. One was in a green box just like this one and the other was in a round “bottle” about the size of a 35mm film container. Green container pellets had a tip with a meplat, the other one was a little shorter than the one shown and a smaller insert head.

5264D934-CB8D-4B08-86EA-F199C4497E12.jpeg

Some other bullets for comparison, Beeman and H&N pellets in the pellet group now. Hornady 17 cal 20gr Ballistic tip, 22 cal 55gr cast, FX 25 cal, Hornady 6.5 120gr ELDM, 9mm 127gr cast, .358 200gr cast, 44mag 250gr cast, .452 235gr cast with GC, .458 500gr cast

Blast from the past right there! Don't see these or the Yellow Sheridan boxes much anymore. Almost like the Beman X-caliber arrows, another neat design at the time.
I’d love to know if others here have experience with the Prometheus pellets. Made in England and i can only suspect there weren’t a lot of them sold here in the states, but I really have no idea…

I have a Crossman 760 pneumatic I think I’ll try them in to see if they’ll group at all. Should be interesting.

I’d love to know if others here have experience with the Prometheus pellets. Made in England and i can only suspect there weren’t a lot of them sold here in the states, but I really have no idea…

I have a Crossman 760 pneumatic I think I’ll try them in to see if they’ll group at all. Should be interesting.
They were considered pretty rubbish here in the UK, and even their designer later admitted they were not very good. I did upset him once many years ago by saying in a letter published in a magazine that they were nothing special, the design was wrong in a lot of ways. I always tried to support their designer, as at least he was always trying to find something different to improve things for air gunners.