.177 Mako expansion: 7.5fpe R7 Springer.

This Mako slug was shot into clay at 27 yards from an R7 that pushes 8.44 pellets at about 7.5fpe. 
1C811F99-8170-4D86-9636-CF39C7D06986.1643756739.jpeg

Expansion in clay looks good but really does not have much to do with expansion in critters. Even the ballistic gel which is far less dense and more flesh like shows better expansion from projectiles than in actual animals for the most part.

Clay is all I have. I am not sure yet if I will use this ammo out of this particular gun to shoot any critters. They are expensive and I have guns that shoot them a bit better than the R7. I conducted this test primarily to prove a point, and just sharing the results for whatever the results may be worth. If or when I do take a shot at a critter with these I will post my results as well. 

The real question is this: A .177 slug out of a springer at 27 yards..... Did it hit where you were aiming? I'm looking at the circumference of the slug that expanded for any evidence of engagement from the lands, and I really don't see any.

Yes & No. 1. the gun is sighted in to shoot 8.64gr H/Ns not the slugs 2. For this test I just aimed to hit the clay and see expansion, I wasn’t testing accuracy. For accuracy please see my ongoing video series on YouTube, as well as posted here. 
Lands: This picture is at 1. Weird angle, 2. Has been modified for visibility 3. Slug fits loose and markings are not as pronounced, however…… here you go:

F8521874-42B1-4488-ABC7-2730DF0E8E94.1643767755.jpeg

It looks like that is their only slug. Is that true ? I would like to see a .178.

Yes, I believe so. These are specifically designed to shoot out of Sub 12fpe guns, not sure how different sizes may affect their intended performance. I already posted a video review on them with great accuracy out of my Sub12 Revere, as well as a ammo recovery video from a squirrel I shot.