• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

177 knock out, Hades, and Gamma 3 test

Playing around with this wax block I still have, its Parafin wax mixed with mineral oil 50%. Shot it today with 3 types of ammo in this order: Kvintor Gamma 3, JSB Hades, and finally the 10.03gr knockout. All are in .177.

Speeds are in the order of shooting. My Avenger always shoots the first shot a little hot due to regulator recovery. So that 933fps is a little fast. I'm surprised that the hades is faster than the knock-out even though its heavier. This is most likely due to the amount of bearing area on the knock-out slowing it down.

Speed.1646089771.jpg

Entry holes:

entry.1646089782.jpg

Exit holes:

exit1.1646089789.jpg

Little bit different pic of the exits:

exit2.1646089795.jpg

The range was very close in my tiny back yard. 

This is the first time I have shot the Kvintor Gamma 3 which is 12.3 grains. It is a pointed design. This pellet made, as expected, the smallest exit hole.

The JSB Hades made only a slightly larger hole. 

And of course, the Knockout blew a huge hole out!

Playing around with this wax block I still have, its Parafin wax mixed with mineral oil 50%. Shot it today with 3 types of ammo in this order: Kvintor Gamma 3, JSB Hades, and finally the 10.03gr knockout. All are in .177.

Speeds are in the order of shooting. My Avenger always shoots the first shot a little hot due to regulator recovery. So that 933fps is a little fast. I'm surprised that the hades is faster than the knock-out even though its heavier. This is most likely due to the amount of bearing area on the knock-out slowing it down.

Speed.1646089771.jpg

Entry holes:

entry.1646089782.jpg

Exit holes:

exit1.1646089789.jpg

Little bit different pic of the exits:

exit2.1646089795.jpg

The range was very close in my tiny back yard. 

This is the first time I have shot the Kvintor Gamma 3 which is 12.3 grains. It is a pointed design. This pellet made, as expected, the smallest exit hole.

The JSB Hades made only a slightly larger hole. 

And of course, the Knockout blew a huge hole out!

How’s the accuracy of the .177 Avenger with the 10.03 KO slugs? Have you shot any other slugs with it as well?

I didn’t see your response, those 10.03 knock outs are probably the best ammo I have shot through my avenger. here is a photo of what I was doing at 80 yards. I know I can do better as well as I didn’t have a good rest I was shooting off of. 

233E59C6-9A51-4EC9-83D1-2FF25D0E6F52.1651167307.jpeg

I have shot other slugs but none of them performed well at all. I don’t think these barrels can stabilize slugs that have the center of mass too far rearward. If you notice, these Jsb slugs are very nose heavy and have deep skirts like pellets. I also have not found any pellets heavier than 10.5 gr that work well either. Heavy pellets also seem to have very short skirts, I think it’s more than a coincidence that these don’t fly well out of this gun either.