.177 JSB KnockOut Slugs 13.43 gr : EDgun Leshiy 2

For those of you shooting .177, what are your experiences using slugs?
I was curious about the JSB KnockOut Slugs, for the Leshiy 2 .177, but couldn’t find any discussion specific to the .177 caliber.

So, I bought a tin of .177 (4.52mm) 13.43gr JSB KnockOut Slugs, and gave them a go.

Good news, the JSB KnockOut Slugs fit into the Leshiy 2 .177 magazine and do not fall through the magazine. The slugs do however protrude about a third, out of the barrel end of the magazine.

0119DADF-FB00-4EFF-BFAD-108BC8AA634B.1643599208.jpeg

When the gun is held with the barrel pointed downward, the one slug that is aligned with breech, protrudes into the breech of the barrel, will prevent the magazine from being manually rotated. Holding the gun with the barrel pointed upwards, all of the slugs will fall to backplate of the magazine, then the magazine can be freely rotated manually.

I only use my L2 for backyard pest control, so I cannot comment on how well the KnockOut Slugs perform beyond 10 yards.

E9ABA79D-6297-428F-A167-EE4200817718.1643596261.jpeg

Last edited:
For those of you shooting .177, what are your experiences using slugs?
I was curious about the JSB KnockOut Slugs, for the Leshiy 2 .177, but couldn’t find any discussion specific to the .177 caliber.

So, I bought a tin of .177 (4.52mm) 13.43gr JSB KnockOut Slugs, and gave them a go.

Good news, the JSB KnockOut Slugs fit into the Leshiy 2 .177 magazine and do not fall through the magazine. The slugs do however protrude about a third, out of the barrel end of the magazine.

View attachment 196601

When the gun is held with the barrel pointed downward, the one slug that is aligned with breech, protrudes into the breech of the barrel, will prevent the magazine from being manually rotated. Holding the gun with the barrel pointed upwards, all of the slugs will fall to backplate of the magazine, then the magazine can be freely rotated manually.

I only use my L2 for backyard pest control, so I cannot comment on how well the KnockOut Slugs perform beyond 10 yards.

View attachment 196608

I tried NSA slugs in my 30 calib once, and I had the same issue with protrusion and the first one entering the breech.Then I started to load the slugs with the mag still on gun (still the first one slipping in) to try and finish up all the slugs.. Did not buy any more NSA slugs after that. No clear response from either NSA or EGW.