.177 impact m3

pierceg

Sep 14, 2022
Mt
I'm looking at purchasing an impact m3 in .177.
Not sure which one to go with other than bottle size. The 480cc will get more shots for sure. But adds weight. I was looking at ghosts in .177 plus. But they seem to be a unicorn item right now.
I know the impact can be more tuned, so I'm not sure if that's what I want in the long run.
I currently have a uragan 2 in .22 and a hw44 in .22.
Both just work, no tinkering. How much is involved with impacts and running them out of the gate with minimal touching/tuning?

The impact .177 are also becoming more rare to find. But I found one in stock.

Anyone have any inside info on ghost availability anytime soon?

Thank for any insight.

I cannot speak to the 177 Impact but can tell you the opinions on Impacts fall into two camps.
The haters generally do not own one but seem to know all about them and are more than willing to share their knowledge, little of which is positive.
The people who do own them speak highly of them and a good few of them have tinkered or do tinker with them.
In my case I tinkered with mine but settled on a good tune and left it there. So why would I suggest an Impact if I am no longer fiddling with it? Very simple, currently I am shooting Zan 23 gr slugs out of it. If I want to shoot 30 gr slugs or 18 gr JSB’s it is a simple matter of changing the tune. The process is very simple for pellets and not all that difficult for slugs if you find some the gun likes.
A word of warning if you do not like tuning and experimentation do not buy an Impact. If you have no interest or ability to wrap your mind around tuning do not buy one. There are plenty of other high quality guns out there that will shoot just fine without the tinkering.

I'm looking at purchasing an impact m3 in .177.
Not sure which one to go with other than bottle size. The 480cc will get more shots for sure. But adds weight. I was looking at ghosts in .177 plus. But they seem to be a unicorn item right now.
I know the impact can be more tuned, so I'm not sure if that's what I want in the long run.
I currently have a uragan 2 in .22 and a hw44 in .22.
Both just work, no tinkering. How much is involved with impacts and running them out of the gate with minimal touching/tuning?

The impact .177 are also becoming more rare to find. But I found one in stock.

Anyone have any inside info on ghost availability anytime soon?

Thank for any insight.
I have an .177 M3 in both a 500mm and 700mm. Both in a standard 1:18 TR. I have been able to tune my newest liner, the 500mm, to be more accurate out to 50yds with both the new Zan 13g and the JSB 13.43.
JSB @ 880fps and the Zan @ 960fps.
1st reg @165bar
2nd reg @ 143bar

The 700mm is a 2022 liner from a Europe connection early on in the second production and does not have the same choke dimensions as the newer 500mm. Was more fussy and harder to tune. Put it aside for now.
I have a new 500mm Heavy liner on order. It has been said to be the same 1:18 TR with a different choke profile...??? Will report.
There is a thread following FX's .17 liners that could be very beneficial I believe.

Keep us posted on you findings.
Patrick

Reactions: pierceg