177 Hades any one having any luck?

If anyone in the USA wants to try a few without buying a tin I could probably send a few. I could put them in a little plastic container (like the one below) with some padding and in a padded envelope. I would think it would only be a couple bucks to ship.

You can ignore the contents, my son makes and sells chainmail bracelets and this is how we ship them. It usually cost a little over $5 to ship the bracelets but we send them first class with tracking, I would not do that for the pellets.

E71C5985-5DAD-47A1-B7A4-A6EEAE2E4479.jpeg

Reactions: Bramezy
I have great results with the 22 and 25 hades in all my kral guns. I finally tried them in 177 and they group ok, but get a couple outside the groups. Not really fliers, just more open, and at 30 yards I decided to shelf them. My 177 kral guns will stack cheap crosman hp even upwards of 1050 fps.
None of my crosman guns I've had or these krals like jsb 177 pellets. I had one 18" 177 crosman barrel that did great with 8.44s in 4.52mm, 4.5 and 4.51 were shotguns.

Reactions: Scotay42
I went out today and tried the Hades in my .177 Wolverine. They were all over the place. Now the wind was at 20mph plus and the wind chill made it about 30 so I can't say I had ideal conditions, but I generally kept the cross hair on the center dot. The pellets did not have a pattern to them as they went all over. I made it through about 40 before I couldn't load anymore in the magazine. The rifle is a tac hammer with the JSB 10.34s out to 100 yards. I'll retest under better conditions, but not too sure that they will straighten out... so to speak The .22s Hades shoot great in my other rifles.

I was getting a pellet order ready and I may have to pass on the 177 Hades or just get a small tin, You guys that listed your guns and barrels helps me a LOT, You guys that say my 177 gun hates/Loves hades, leaves me scratching my head , WHAT GUN?
Mike
If you want good expansion in a .177 try the new Daisy or Winchester hollow points. They're cheap, so it's not a big loss if your gun doesn't like them. Several of us have had good results with them.

0.177” Hades work well to 20-25 yards (as well as the 10.34gr ‘heavy’ they are based upon), however once you close in on 40 yards something goes horribly wrong. I have had less than half inch groups at 25 yards with both pellet types. I moved to 50 yards and the heavies were doing less than an inch groups (this is UK sub-12 ft.lbs so about 710 fps) but hades opened up to an eight and a half inch group. I took more care and shot slower with the hades.

0.22” and larger calibre hades don’t seem to show the same problems. As they don’t expand much even up to 950 fps, you are better off with a standard JSB 10.34gr heavy.

Reactions: jccams