• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.177 fx royal shot count

hey guys any of you got a .177 fx royal with a 400 or 500 steel bottle or the new carbon bottles?
if so what is the shot count on yours and what pellet or foot pounds are you running yours at..

im looking at buying a royal with a 400 or 500 or 480 carbon bottle.

i do know that they come with a power wheel to adjust the power.
i will be using mine on both med and high powers.
i believe on med power its 12 fp and on high around 18.

would be great to know the shot count.

thanks a million guys

I have a Royale 400 .177, on power level 1 its around 8fpe, power level 2 is just under 13fpe and power level 3 is 18fpe, all with H&N Baracuda Match pellets. Shot count are: power level 1, somewhere around 250( keep losing count,lol ), power level 2 approximately 170 and power level 3 gives 120 shots, rifle is not regulated and I only fill to 210bar then refill at 100bar.
I use this rifle for Metallic Silhouette, Field Target occasionally, plinking at the range with my 2 boys and it has been exceptionally reliable and accurate.😊

"aa_limited"I' don't know yet to get the 400 with or with out a regulator?
any reason you got your in reged?
Well, the regulator is (in this case) a mechanical device who makes the valve allways work at the same pressure. So, it creates a two differents pressures in the gun: the regulated pressure and the fill pressure (this will vary as you make shots) but the regulator will always make the valve pressure be the same.
By doing this, there will be not valve curve or "sweet spot" so you will have more useable shots and less standat deviation. So the pros are, more shots per fill and less SD.

"aa_limited"I' don't know yet to get the 400 with or with out a regulator?
any reason you got your in reged?
My FX Royale 400 .177 FT (400cc alu bottle) is regulated, just like all of my air rifles.
For me personally, a regulator is a must have. I would never buy a unregulated gun, or if I would, I'd slip one in right away.
About the number of shots, I can't really tell how many shots it is doing on one fill, (lost count :p) but it will get me through an intensive shooting session without refilling easily. Let's keep it at A LOT of shots :)

I know what a red dows. I'm an avid air gun user. ie I already own a daystate air wolf amoung others.

what I'm really interested in knowing is how many shot I will get with a reged and in reged fx royal in 400cc bottle at the 3 different power levels. and exact shot count if you will would be awesome to know as I'm planning on buying a fx 400.

​my air wolf gets .177 220 shots at 14.5 foot pounds and on high power 18.5 fp 150 shots, already so I would like to get a fx royal that gives me that shot count at those powers

"aa_limited"I'm planning to get my dealer to ship the gun with a .177 fx royal with a 500 cc bottle installed instead off the 400 cc bottle.
I'm wondering how many shots per fill I will get with a 500 cc bottle.
​I want the 500 cc bottle for field target and target shooting for a high shot count.
​and to have a really good sweet spot in the fill.
I wouldn't do that..... the smaller 400cc bottle delivers plenty of shots, and is a lot lighter than the 500cc bottle. Or do you want to shoot a whole FT season without refilling? 😆
As a sidenote, for me personally the plump 500cc bottle kind of destroys the good looks of the short R400 carbine. But again, that's my personal opinion☺

"aa_limited"yes I want the 500 bottle. so I can stay in the sweet sopt on my fill as long as possible.
​when hunting season openes again ill switch to the 480 cc carbon bottle to save weight.
but for hft and practice ill still to the 500 steel bottle.
I want to go as long as I can with out refilling definitly
When you get your rifle regulated and tuned properly, your gun does not have a sweet spot☺
That's the main benefit of a regulator. You sweet spot reaches from the gun's max. filling pressure al the way down to the point your regulator presure is set at.

But if you want the CF bottle anyway, why all the hassle with the 500cc bottle?
The CF bottle also may be filled to 250 bar, and gives a gazillion number of shots in .177
In your case, I wouldn't even look at the 500cc bottle, that's just seems a waste of money to me.
The 480CF bottle weighs about the same as the aluminium 400cc, and is about the same size.
You can even get it in that configuration as standard, including the shroud. CF bottle can be removed easily as well.
The 230bar 400cc bottle of my R400FT .177 regulated gives plenty of shots for 3 FT matches without refilling a 480cc at 250 bar does even more.... You'll loose count😀
Don't worry too much about shot count😉

Geat choise in my opinion. Yestarday i finally picked up my Royale laminate in .22 with CF bottle and regulated. It also comes with the original aluminum bottle (because i bought the CF bottle seperately) and for my surprise de aluminum bottle comes with the same vale as the CF bottle so it can be unscrewed without degassing the gun. So if that is your case, you will have 2 bottles to use ;)
What stock did you choose and in what country do you bought it?

Unless a person was going on some sort of extended shooting "hike"; under normal conditions I cannot imagine needing more shots than the stock, regulated Royale provides from a single fill. My brother and I both own .22 Royale 400's that are regulated and on the #1 power setting (approx. 12 ft-lbs) the shot count is around 200 (tested this evening). On the #2 power setting (20 ft-lbs) the shot count is around 130 to 140 and on the #3 power setting (32 ft-lbs) the shot count is around 96 to 98. I realize another person's gun may differ from ours, but both of our rifles are very consistent and very similar to each other regarding shot count and accuracy.

my daystate air wolf on low power 14.5 foot pounds fires a half a tin no problem 250 shots with a with 10 fps spread
​on high power 18.5 foot pounds I get 150 shots at least with a 10 fps spread.
sometimes when I'm in the mood ill fire 250 shots in one bench session and then go home.
​but most of the time its always 200 shots I fire and then call it a day.
........................................................................................................
​so when I get the royal I will be getting a 1.77 as well and plan on using it on
​medium power most always. so I at least would like my new fx to do 200 shots with a 30 fps spread.
most likely I will be filling it to a 15 fps spread .

how many shots do you think it will get on mid power with the 480 carbon bottle .177

​what size bottles do you have on your 2 royals?