177 Evol?

Hi Jim,

I shot an EVOL .177 prototype once, maybe two years ago. It was brought to our New Mexico ft match by the owner himself.

I was pretty impressed with it.

Seems Tom has a lot of irons in the fire, and appears to do the bulk of it himself. I suspect he's simply not found the time to release a .177 EVOL.

Cole

(Hope to see you at the match this weekend).

I had considered fitting one to mine... too many other projects plus no magazine. It's not easy to single load in my experience. Would be cool 😊 just to try though.
Still tinkering from time to time with heavier 177 slugs. My RW will do 44 ft lb with the 20 grain NSA on pl 10. Evol is not going to match that but might be cool w 16 grain.
Like Cole says.. Tom has a lot of irons in the fire and we're going to like em when they are ready 👍
Bob

Reactions: woogie_man
Hey Cole glade to hear from you. I talked with Tom a few times he hasn't found a reliable 177 barrel supply for what he has in mind. This has not been a good start of summer for FT for me. My kid was getting married preparation for that made some weekends unavailable. We traveled up to Washington for his event. Got home and a few days later caught this stupid covid bug. Wife and I hadn't had the privilege before. I have never in my adult life been in the house this long.
Bobby I am glad you posted. I hadn't thought about no magazine. I wouldn't be able to single load the Evol for sure.