• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

177 Delta Wolf not sure if HP is its thing???

I've been getting used to my new Delta Wolf in 177. I think its a great shooting platform and super cool with the electronic programming. There are a few things that bug me a bit... The gun comes with a few factory settings in all calibers. For 177 mins came with a 13gr and a 15gr. You would think it would also have a 10gr setting and even 8gr???? Is there any way to add these to the factory settings page? Also it requires a very high reg pressure setting to get the 13gr and heavier projectiles moving. To get 13gr JSB up to 880fps, the reg must be set to 140bar or higher. The computer is asking for a 180bar setting for this speed. My 177 M3 Impact can probably get this same speed with a reg setting around 100bar or less! Don't get me wrong its a great gun and the build quality is top notch, just a few things that I've noticed so far! If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. Thx!

Yep, I have the .177 and .30 cal delta wolf, well 1 gun 3 barrels. What I found is that the gun takes more reg pressure to get the speeds equvilant to the FX impacts. I shoot the 13 grains as they seem about the best accuracy. The heavier slugs have a better BC but just do not seem to be as accurate. The suggested reg pressure is a joke. Like anything with any speed always says 180 Really ??? So there are a few different tunes possible but I would say the rifle is not a powerhouse like the red wolf hp guns. They seem to require much more adjustments. It shines shooting 10 grain and 13 grain KO.... Those to me were the most accurate. I would shoot them about 990 fps. Anywhere from 890 to 990 is the sweet spot. Shooting 10 grain always yielded 100 FPS faster than the 13 grain slugs so there is alot of air savings shooting the smaller slug. THat being said at 50 yards accuracy was about equal at 100 the 13 grainers were much more accurate because of the better BC and Power needed. I will try to post some settings for my rifle once I get it back up and running.

Yep, I have the .177 and .30 cal delta wolf, well 1 gun 3 barrels. What I found is that the gun takes more reg pressure to get the speeds equvilant to the FX impacts. I shoot the 13 grains as they seem about the best accuracy. The heavier slugs have a better BC but just do not seem to be as accurate. The suggested reg pressure is a joke. Like anything with any speed always says 180 Really ??? So there are a few different tunes possible but I would say the rifle is not a powerhouse like the red wolf hp guns. They seem to require much more adjustments. It shines shooting 10 grain and 13 grain KO.... Those to me were the most accurate. I would shoot them about 990 fps. Anywhere from 890 to 990 is the sweet spot. Shooting 10 grain always yielded 100 FPS faster than the 13 grain slugs so there is alot of air savings shooting the smaller slug. THat being said at 50 yards accuracy was about equal at 100 the 13 grainers were much more accurate because of the better BC and Power needed. I will try to post some settings for my rifle once I get it back up and running.
Side note, if you try to compare this against the impacts you will be a bit disapointed it is its own thing. Super adjustable, you can go from 750 fps to like 1010 fps in just a few clicks and back and forth. I cant say that much with the impacts maybe but the daystates take the middle ground with both low and high power giving you a little of both without having to adjust the heck out of your gun.

Reactions: dgeesaman
Have no experience with the delta but have a red wolf and 2 reveres and from my experience Daystate likes high air pressure and lower hammer spring tension
Yes, my .22 Revere makes around 27 fpe, and the reg set point is 160 bar. I assume that is due to the physics of the slingshot hammer system. But in the electronic rifles such as my Red Wolf, which is not a spring and hammer system, I don't know how the pressure is managed.

@Ed24 - you have to choose the .177 17" barrel in factory settings in order to get options for 8 and 10gr pellets. I've never really understood the option for 15gr for the 23" 177 barrel - where are those pellets found?

Personally I prefer the Advanced settings screen and using the USB programmer with the app to setup individual rows for each projectile and speed. It makes it much easier. Not a huge fan of the chrono feedback process as neat as it is.

For 177 I've kept my reg at 150bar for all programs (as I'll be getting a .30 barrel soon) and have been able to get close to 34fpe out of the 23" barrel through custom programs.

Also - I would compare your built-in chrono to something like a FX or other external chrono. Then you can apply an offset to the internal chrono if it is off a bit - mine was reading 20fps high.

Thanks everyone for your feed back! I guess I was trying to compare to my M3 and it was driving me crazy. I just need to learn the gun a bit more and take it for what it is. Will just use the M3 for all the HP stuff as thats where it shines...Jaydog, would be interested in some of the settings you use when you get the chance. Ctshooter, I never realized the other grains are in the 17" barrel option. I'll definitely check that out!

You might find this table of the factory tables useful:
Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 4.23.57 PM.png

Reactions: dgeesaman and Ed24
Jay, just FYI that reg pressure at the bottom of the screen isn't the "suggested" reg pressure for the power that you are trying to achieve. That is the reg pressure that according to the GCU will give the maximum speed for the selected barrel length and caliber. So, for instance, when I select .30 caliber, 23" barrel and 50.1 grain pellet, it shows 170 bar which is the pressure necessary to give the maximum speed possible to choose from in the menu, which I think is 935 FPS, not exactly sure, but the 44.75 shows 970 FPS. This allows you to select (with one set reg pressure) from the low value possible (750 fps?) all the way up to the maximum. That doesn't mean you need to set the pressure at 170 bar. In fact, 170 while it would work, will not give you the best results.

For my gun, prior to starting to just use Factory settings all the time, when I used Advanced, I had the Dwell set to 2570 micro-sec and the voltage at 81.5 vdc with reg pressure at 135 bar. This gave me between 875 and 880 fps with the JSB 50.1 pellets. This was 5 bar higher than the MINIMUM pressure required to achieve the power I wanted. The KEY is to set your reg pressure as low as possible that will still give you the power you wanted. In my case that was about 86 FPE. When you do this, you will get first shot at close to your set speed, plus you will get a very tight ES. At EBR I shot over 200 shots Thursday with an ES of about 5 or 6 FPS. When the gun timed out, I never worried if my first shot was going to be slow or low. IMHO, it's hard to beat that level of performance...

Last edited:
ED24 - I have a DW .177 23" barrel also and have the same questions. I did research the 15gr pellet issue and found Daystate has .177 15.89gr pellets available in England but can't find them available anywhere in the USA. I have tried the factory setting for 13gr pellets with 10.43gr pellets and requested 900 fps but the computer wouldn't adjust to that combination. Best guess is this is too much adjustment for the computer to handle. I have had some medical issues and haven't been able to do additional testing. I want to select the 17" barrel option setting and see that will allow me to use the factory settings for 10.43gr pellets with my 23" barrel.

Just read Centercut's reply. It is the most helpful explanation I have found so far.

This is my Initial DW .177 magazine observations. Curious if anybody is seeing the same:
JSB 10.34gr, JSB Hades 10.34gr, FX 10.3gr, AA 10.3gr, H&N Baracuda 10.65g and H&N Barracuda Match 10.65g pellets dropped in magazine with no restrictions. JSB 13.43gr, JSB 13.43gr RD, FX 13.4gr, and JSB 16.2gr pellet skirts would stop these pellets from falling through (the pellets would hang up as the skirt was flush with top of the magazine hole). The magazine flap will close and I can use the probe to seat the pellets in the chamber but requires more initial force than I would like. I can use a ball point pen to seat these pellets in the magazine but again more force is required than I would like. Ordered a Midwest Elite Airgun Charlie Mag for the .177 Caliber Daystate Delta/Alpha/Ghost to try an alternative magazine option.

Jay, just FYI that reg pressure at the bottom of the screen isn't the "suggested" reg pressure for the power that you are trying to achieve. That is the reg pressure that according to the GCU will give the maximum speed for the selected barrel length and caliber. So, for instance, when I select .30 caliber, 23" barrel and 50.1 grain pellet, it shows 170 bar which is the pressure necessary to give the maximum speed possible to choose from in the menu, which I think is 935 FPS, not exactly sure, but the 44.75 shows 970 FPS. This allows you to select (with one set reg pressure) from the low value possible (750 fps?) all the way up to the maximum. That doesn't mean you need to set the pressure at 170 bar. In fact, 170 while it would work, will not give you the best results.

For my gun, prior to starting to just use Factory settings all the time, when I used Advanced, I had the Dwell set to 2570 micro-sec and the voltage at 81.5 vdc with reg pressure at 135 bar. This gave me between 875 and 880 fps with the JSB 50.1 pellets. This was 5 bar higher than the MINIMUM pressure required to achieve the power I wanted. The KEY is to set your reg pressure as low as possible that will still give you the power you wanted. In my case that was about 86 FPE. When you do this, you will get first shot at close to your set speed, plus you will get a very tight ES. At EBR I shot over 200 shots Thursday with an ES of about 5 or 6 FPS. When the gun timed out, I never worried if my first shot was going to be slow or low. IMHO, it's hard to beat that level of performance...
Centercut, thanks for clearing that up.. Yea man gets confusing, I do feel bad about giving out inaccurate information so thanks again.

Center makes sense about setting that reg pressure as low as possible to get the speed you want so I guess taking into account for wasted air and excessive air turbulence that could mess up your consistency/accuracy. I do have a question about how did you find the MINIMUM bar pressure for you rifle at the power you wanted ? I think that is one of the secrets to getting the gun to purr and be efficient. Man I am struggling with this rifle.

Centercut, thanks for clearing that up.. Yea man gets confusing, I do feel bad about giving out inaccurate information so thanks again.

Center makes sense about setting that reg pressure as low as possible to get the speed you want so I guess taking into account for wasted air and excessive air turbulence that could mess up your consistency/accuracy. I do have a question about how did you find the MINIMUM bar pressure for you rifle at the power you wanted ? I think that is one of the secrets to getting the gun to purr and be efficient. Man I am struggling with this rifle.
Ok firstly at least for .30 and .25, use FACTORY mode. Set reg pressure higher, like 165 or 160 bar. I’m not sure 🤔 f this method works with .22 because I haven’t used .22 much.
Decide which speed you want. Try various speeds until you find you’re most accurate with that ammo.
Now, once you know, lower reg pressure 10 bar. Now see if the gun will do your speed in 3 or 4 shots. If it does, lower 10 bar again. Try to get to your desired speed. Keep going until you get to a pressure that your gun won’t come up to speed.
Now raise pressure 5 bar and try to get to your speed. If it does, you’ve found your pressure. If it doesn’t quickly in no more than 4 or 5 shots, raise it 5 bar again. That’s your new pressure. My gun that is 135 bar in .30 caliber for 86 FPE.
Make sense?
I recommend using factory mode with this “lowest functional” pressure.

Ok firstly at least for .30 and .25, use FACTORY mode. Set reg pressure higher, like 165 or 160 bar. I’m not sure 🤔 f this method works with .22 because I haven’t used .22 much.
Decide which speed you want. Try various speeds until you find you’re most accurate with that ammo.
Now, once you know, lower reg pressure 10 bar. Now see if the gun will do your speed in 3 or 4 shots. If it does, lower 10 bar again. Try to get to your desired speed. Keep going until you get to a pressure that your gun won’t come up to speed.
Now raise pressure 5 bar and try to get to your speed. If it does, you’ve found your pressure. If it doesn’t quickly in no more than 4 or 5 shots, raise it 5 bar again. That’s your new pressure. My gun that is 135 bar in .30 caliber for 86 FPE.
Make sense?
I recommend using factory mode with this “lowest functional” pressure.
ahh great example. Ok will try this. Thanks again. Also my gun is really acting up lately might have to send it to AOA. In .177 I cant get the rifle to shoot faster than 760 fps no matter my settings and reg pressure. I use to get 990 fps with my 13 grain ko. Now nothing is making it happen. I might try switching the barrel to a .22 to see if things wake up. Just did a latest firmware patch this was after the issue of the slow FPS just to try to reset everything back to a fresh setting. Will see tomorrow I will probably put on the 30 cal barrel or the .22 barrel. The .177 have taken the bottle off started with low bar pressure all the way up to 150 bar and no go it wont push any pellet or slug faster than 750 fps or so. Anyway, thanks again centercut. The red wolf Hps are my most accurate rifles love those .177,.22 rifles they are so simple low/med/high and all accurate as hell.