• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

.177 Crosman Premier 7.9 gr Hollow Points

I had not tried these pellets before so I picked up a couple of tins at Wally World the other day. 500 count tins were less $6.00. I finally got a chance to send a few down range yesterday afternoon. I must say that I am highly impressed with these pellets. All seem to fit my Crosman F4 perfectly. Had to do a little tweaking to my scope but have it dialed in pretty good. Shooting nickel size groups at 30 yards. Going to be using this rifle for squirrel hunting since .22 rim fire cartridges are almost impossible to find and when you do find them they are outrageously priced.

I have tried several brands that would be considered "budget". While most shot acceptable I was not happy with my groupings. These Crosman hollow points are friendly on my pocketbook and shoot great. I shot probably 75 -100 rounds and didn't have any that would have considered fliers. The stray shots I did have were because I pulled off. I think I may have found my go to pellets.

Got a tin of these from Wal-Mart a few months back for my Nova Liberty in .177. They shot fantastic, I'm talking pretty much one hole groups at 25 yards. Soon after, Gander Outdoors had these pellets in 177 and 22 on sale for $4 a tin. I loaded up on several tins, but they don't seem to be very consistent from tin to tin. Some shoot great, while others are a little less impressive. Still a really good pellet for the money.

40 years ago, my go to pellets were Bulldogs. Made in England. Shot better than anything else at the time. Shot a few Benjamin pellets. I can still see that green lid on the tin. The only place that sold Bulldogs and Benjamin’s where I live was the military surplus store.

I don't know how old y'all are but wasn't that long ago, say 15-20 years Crosman was the best pellets we had.

I find them reliable to 50 yards any day. Past that I see other pellets excel. Just my perception.

I find that with the 7.4 gr Crosman pointed I get a lot of fliers. I may have to try the beeman hollow points. Tried some daisy Precision Max pointed and they are a waste of money.

The cheap Chinese made Beeman Hollowpoints in 177 (black coated ones) seem to shoot great too so do the light 7.4gr Crosman Pointeds (NOT the 7.9gr Super points nor the heavier Piranhas which suck).

7.4 crosman point pellets are laser accurate even down to 400 FPS while the 7.9 hollow point wanted to go at least 650 FPS in my 1720T

the PP700 doesn’t care which one, it shoots them both really well

my impact with superior liner shot the crosman 14.3 grain HP pellets like laser to 70-80 yards At mid 800 FPS, that was the shock of the year! I dropped a black bird at 90 yards with first shot, couldn’t believe my eyes! It was even very good still at 120 yards but opened to to 2-3 inch spread judging from POI on pine cones I was shooting but there was 2-3 mph wind. 

All depends on the barrel. I had a MMHF P-Rod that was accurate out to 80 yards with the cheap 22 CPHPs. Some but not all guns shoot cheap Crosman ammo very well while others will throw fliers even in the same caliber gun of that same particular model. Some guns only shoot the cheap Crosman ammo the best even better than popular more expensive pellets believe it or not.

All depends on the barrel. I had a MMHF P-Rod that was accurate out to 80 yards with the cheap 22 CPHPs. Some but not all guns shoot cheap Crosman ammo very well while others will throw fliers even in the same caliber gun of that same particular model. Some guns only shoot the cheap Crosman ammo the best even better than popular more expensive pellets believe it or not.

100% agree! My older STX barrel did not like the crosman but the superior sure does.