Crosman 1720T tune info

So just acquired a 1720T. Trying to tune it. Have 3 orings in for the bstanley mod. Heres the best i can get so far. Everything is stock. Seem reasonable? 8.4gr pellets.

IMG_0924.png

IMG_0928.png

Tell us more about the aluminum hammer.... Home rolled?
A buddy of mine is a machinist and made one. Nothing special. I assume you could buy one. The lighter hammer cuts out the hammer bounce. I was helping some guys out who wanted to reg their Marauders. So we bought Huma regs and installed them. Figured out quick the regs wouldn’t work right so we got aluminum hammers. Worked better. Installed a lighter hammer spring and everything started to work great. Going thru that process we figured out the aluminum hammer was really the best bang for the buck. One of the guys was a machinist and made some aluminum hammers and we put them into stock Marauders and they worked great. So much easier to tune with a longer shot count. A couple guys had the Marauder pistols so we made and installed aluminum hammers in the pistols with the same results. I don’t currently own a Marauder rifle or pistol but if I ever get one I will not try and reg it and just stick in an aluminum hammer and enjoy life. They should come that way from the factory.

I don’t currently own a Marauder rifle or pistol but if I ever get one I will not try and reg it and just stick in an aluminum hammer and enjoy life. They should come that way from the factory.
Definitely one of if not the most efficient mods possible on an Mrod.

They used a heavy steel hammer so they were able to get and claim the highest power #s they can. The Marauder is marketed to the general consumer as a hunting rifle. Sometimes we forget that enthusiasts are a niche market. Then once a guy like Tim Hill made his aluminum hammer, Crosman just lets them run with it because it actually sells even more Marauders to be a platform with a strong aftermarket sector. Americans love to hot rod things.

We often opine about things Benjamin should do with the Marauder but they probably won't unless the current configuration stops being the best selling pcp air rifle.

Last edited:
Reactions: bf1956
A buddy of mine is a machinist and made one. Nothing special. I assume you could buy one. The lighter hammer cuts out the hammer bounce. I was helping some guys out who wanted to reg their Marauders. So we bought Huma regs and installed them. Figured out quick the regs wouldn’t work right so we got aluminum hammers. Worked better. Installed a lighter hammer spring and everything started to work great. Going thru that process we figured out the aluminum hammer was really the best bang for the buck. One of the guys was a machinist and made some aluminum hammers and we put them into stock Marauders and they worked great. So much easier to tune with a longer shot count. A couple guys had the Marauder pistols so we made and installed aluminum hammers in the pistols with the same results. I don’t currently own a Marauder rifle or pistol but if I ever get one I will not try and reg it and just stick in an aluminum hammer and enjoy life. They should come that way from the factory.
It sucks you have to spend more money on something just to get it to where it should come that way. I was not wanting to invest anymore into this. Those hammers arent cheap, then springs and more pellets to try and tune. It’s frustrating really.