• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

1720t stock

My PRod (which should be the same as the 1720) is 5/16x24.

In fact I just recently built this for it. Used JB Weld to hold the nut/bolt combo inside 1/2" copper tubing

1592909876_12536657985ef1e034386e61.06879859.jpg
1592909876_5246328695ef1e03474d4c7.19714259.jpg

I think it should stop where the plug ends--just to be on the safe side.

Ace Hardware sells all kinds of bolts, so you could just buy several for simulation, or take the plug with you for actual testing.

Moreover, I think the bolt needs to be drilled for it to "vent".

If I am not mistaken, the RAI AR for the 17xx/PROD adapter has a bolt with a hole for the aforesaid purpose.

I have the above-mentioned adapter but mine is for the 13xx, hence sans hole.

Ace is the place 5/16-24 fit perfect and yes I will vent this bolt.

Thanks for the help.

Why would you think it needs "venting"? Is the Benjamin Discovery vented? The BSA's? The Daystates? Taipans? Kalibrgun? FX? The hole in the end cap is for adjusting, nothing more. The slot in the tube where the sear moves and the slot where the hammer pin slides will allow plenty enough air to stop a vacuum from holding the hammer back.

I think what he means is that some have Allen screws with holes in the middle to still have access to adjust the hammer spring tension while the stock adapter is still in place.

Ok, but I would call that an Access hole, not a vent then. I have seen where some guys think the hole has to be there to allow air to enter the tube and allow the hammer to go forward when firing, instead of creating a suction, holding the hammer back.

Mine is 3 turns to secure. Turn the stock 3 times and it's off for adjusting, or backpacking.

Something I read. But do not know for sure. Is there is a possibility of an air lock or vacuum if that bolt is not vented. Maybe someone that knows will chime in

Like I mention. Look at the Disco, no hole. Look at the FX, Taipan, Daystate, BSA, Brocock and many others without any holes in their end cap. Sure air will come out of the hole if it's there. Air also comes out of the sear slot and hammer pin slot. There is no chance of "air lock" happening.

Here is where I read it. Could be hype

https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2014/02/r-a-i-adjustable-ar-stock-adapter/

Forgive me Tom, not trying to hijack your blog. Hoping this long post will save you some typing answering questions.
I am the inventor of this product.
The price of this adapter is $65.00 plus shipping of $5.80 online.
The metal used is high dollar aircraft aluminum alloy that is then professionally anodized to mil spec standards after having parts machined by a professional machine shop in the USA.Also vented to prevent hammer vacuum from occurring.
The cost to have a local machine shop make just one of these would be over $100.00 due to machining set up and costs involved,then you would have to pay to have it anodized.

You may very well be correct! I have been looking at adapters for the P-Rod and one of the adapters mentioned the hole. Might be a sales pitch. I would like to know as I bought a bolt Friday planning for an adapter. I thought about putting it in my wood lathe and trying to drill a hole. But it would be great if it didn't need it.

thanks

If someone who was selling me that adapter told me that I needed to buy theirs because it had the hole, I'd question them as to what to do about the "air cushion" that is in front of the hammer. Where does the air go that is trapped in the tube between the hammer and valve? In front of the hammer there is no sear slot or hammer pin slot for air to escape. If the rear of hammer gets "air locked" then the front would certainly get "air locked", which in theory would not allow the gun to fire. Right?

Sure looks like a sales pitch to me.

Thanks for the help.

Nice!

I think the 3/8 - 24 is for the MROD then.

I am not too sure myself what the purpose of the RAI drilled bolt is for, but they do have holes---at least on the 17xx/PROD version.

There was this guy (IIRIC, it was Dinh) who made the same tube stock without a drilled bolt for his PROD and someone told him that it needs to have one for it to vent or something along those lines.

Could it be possible because the 17xx/PROD has a higher fill rate compared to the Disco's?..or how the valve was designed?

Now that this has been mentioned it would be a good thing for experts to join the conversation.

Thanks for the help.

Nice!

I think the 3/8 - 24 is for the MROD then.

I am not too sure myself what the purpose of the RAI drilled bolt is for, but they do have holes---at least on the 17xx/PROD version.

There was this guy (IIRIC, it was Dinh) who made the same tube stock without a drilled bolt for his PROD and someone told him that it needs to have one for it to vent or something along those lines.

Could it be possible because the 17xx/PROD has a higher fill rate compared to the Disco's?..or how the valve was designed?

Now that this has been mentioned it would be a good thing for experts to join the conversation.

Not an "expert" but I did take my hammer to drill it and peg it with delrin pegs to ride on so I took a pic. Whoever says that without a "vent" in the bolt this hammer could pull ANY vacuum at all has either not ever seen a Prod/1720T hammer or its a sales pitch.

1593561529_12424002215efbd1b9c53682.23789257.jpg
1593561530_6009859675efbd1ba7573b0.96693687.jpg