• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

16x scope

@josh3rd, I'd check that again regarding the calibration magnification. I'm pretty sure the Hawkes with less than 20X mag have 10X as the Cal Mag...

From the Hawke web site:

"Both the AMX and AMX IR glass etched reticles are based on the spacing of a 10x Mil Dot. The AMX offers multiple aim points, useful when shooting air guns with loopy trajectories."

Mike

My workflow in chairgun pro mobile iPhone version:

from the Main menu view, in the bottom click Reticules.

top middle click pick generic reticules. Namely generic mil-dot. All the way at the very bottom.

than you have the Magx and right under Cal mag X.

play with those

If you pick a not generic reticule I.e. you pick one from the predefined list and you are sure you picked the right model..., the cal magx is not there and editable because chairgun knows that model specs

without selecting the right reticule chairgun is useless, you will not see the POI drop menu, also the Mildot versus range chart /graph will be not visible at all. Many people don’t even know this I hope this info helps 🤟

dont forget to enter the measured scope height into the sight height in the Main menu, off you go

if you mean the bracketing technic you have to do the ratio of the current magnification versus calibrated, if you are calibrated at 10 but running at 16 obviously the target will appear proportionally larger while it is still at the same distance. So add the multiply by 16/10 to the usual mil dot calculation to get the range based on mil dot size,

edit:

distance[m] = (true size of the object in [mm] divided by number of mildots size in scope) X (current magnification divided by calibrated magnification)

so an object of 120mm size appearing as 1 true mildot (true mildot at 10x) .....will be at 120m distance.

(120/1)*(10/10)=120*1=120

the same object appearing as 2 Mildot with double 20x of magnification will be at the same

(120/2) *(20/10)=60*2=120m

(Target size[inches] divided by target size in mildots)x(current magnification divided by true mildot magnification factor) *27.77 =distance to target[yards]

(7/2)*(16/10)*27,77=3.5*1.6*27.78~156yards

bad example as you have to know exactly the target size animals vary a lot in sizes from young to adult. Also it would appear Different mildot size. It is maths.

use a brick or similar object instead. Also it is critical to be able to measure to 0.1mil dot resolution or better, the larger the object the better. Reticule makers provide very detailed info about this, for example what size is the dot itself ~usually 0.2, then you have a gap of 0.8 between mildots etc. etc. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milliradian

Yup.......I even refrain from using "ChairGun calcs" since they weren't very close to my "real world results". LOL, perhaps that's due to my "garbage in/ garbbage out" technique, but if I have to shoot "real world" to verify "'puter output", what's the point except to get a general idea of the trajectory, which is the only thing I use ChairGun for.

Here is a target I shot simply to get a "real world" idea of a certain tune level on my .177 R9.........

https://imgur.com/5ko3WLg