• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

16 grains pellet in .25 caliber any good ?

First, I'm not aware of a 16 grain pellet available for a .25, and second, WHY? If you want a 16 grain, a smaller form factor like a .22 or a heavy .177 would be much more appropriate and give better ballistics. In a .25, the drag and ability for the wind to blow it all over the place. Lastly, you buy a .25 for hitting power over a .22. That hitting power is lost with lighter weights.

So, accuracy loss, hitting power loss and probably stability loss.

But if there's a why that makes a 16 grain pellet work better for you, it'd be interesting to understand. Why are you considering a 16 grain? The reason might make all the difference in the world. My answer is based on my experience, and maybe I'm missing something?

I have a daystate huntsman regal .25 that loves the 16.54 gr gto. It will shoot dime size groups all day at 50 yards. It hits hard on pest. It has more to do with the speed and diameter of the pellet. Wind does effect it more than a heavy lead pellet. I started shooting lead free and I have the .25 huntsman so I tried gto and the h&n 19.91 greens. The greens shoot a little better at 50 yards than the gto"s. Just my experience. All you can do is try it and see.

Happy shooting!