• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

150 yards, RAW .30 LRT

Finished expanding my range to 150 yards yesterday and decided to christen it with the RAW .30 cal. Took me a few shots to get on the paper and figure out my POA, which is NO where near the POI at this distance! The 5-10 mph breeze didn't help either. 

By my 3rd official group, the wind was dying down a little and I was able to shoot a 1.409" group with the scope on 10x. 3 groups that averaged 2.45" inches, each one better than the previous. 

This rifle never ceases to impress me! 

Great shooting! I actually did a 150 today! Took me a bit to get the holdover right, but you can see the group.
24f72a672b10fd9edff8e23e9dbc7e7b.jpg

0c2925c87e41ebc9040c5cc0a660f656.jpg

It is pretty awesome. All sound and echo from the report (what little there is) is gone when you hear the "Whack!" At 14x, I can easily see chunks of OSB flying out the back of the target board. I'm reeeally enjoying this rifle and am shooting nice groups, but it's far from being SET UP. That's where the real fun (and work) begins. Keep us posted on that .25 and see you on instagram

Brian

It's gusty here in Michigan today, so I was curious to see how much effect the wind change (from yesterday) would have at 150 yards. Wind 11-18 mph out of the west, which amounts to a 25 degree, varying tailwind. These 13 shots at 150 yards formed a classic "weather chart" group. Also note the higher POI from yesterday (3" higher with the tailwind). Can't wait to shoot 150 yards in dead calm conditions. Sub 1" WILL happen.

Took careful notes and am slowly building on my wind shooting diary.

Brian

It's gusty here today, so I was curious to see how much effect the wind change (from yesterday) would have at 150 yards. Wind 11-18 mph out of the west, which amounts to a 25 degree, varying tailwind. These 13 shots at 150 yards formed a classic "weather chart" group. Also note the higher POI from yesterday (3" higher). Can't wait to shoot 150 yards in dead calm conditions. Sub 1" WILL happen.

Took careful notes and am slowly building on my wind shooting diary.

Brian