15% of all shooters are lefty but...

We get dumped on by manufacturers big time. A shout out to all you lefties.
Resized_Resized_20191012_104441_HDR_127497126760372.1647603235.jpeg
Resized_Resized_20210422_135728_HDR_127099765423493.1647603236.jpeg
Resized_Resized_20210501_152631_HDR_127024595088574.1647603237.jpeg
Resized_Resized_20210530_121720_126918459973510.1647603238.jpeg
imagejpeg1_01_126243071403820.1647603238.jpg

lefty here too.....(not by choice) forced that way 4 years ago and i think im a better shot this way.

when i bought my uragan .30, i thought it would be cool to move the side lever to the right side.....but i got used to it on the left and i like it better than my other right side levers !!

lefty stocks are kinda rare, thank goodness for ambi stocks which are buckin fugly !!

i've always wanted a AA s510 lefty in .177, i missed out on a few in the past.

I hold left handed people in high regard! Especially in the shooting, martial arts/boxing and guitar world.My Dad was left handed but it was beaten out of him by a crazy teacher in grade school. He went on to be ambidextrous and was a fabulous pistol and rifle shot as a career Marine. By chance my best friend is left handed and we have been shooting/sparring together for many years. He shoots handguns left handed and rifles right handed as he was taught in the Corp. Anyone else in here right eye dominant but left handed? Or shoot/or do anything else ambi? Bonus points if your red-headed.

@ctshooter I think that counts even reversed (bonus points for red hair? ) LOL @ kball I agree about eye dominance, and you being neutral seems ideal. And so ambi is more common than I thought which is interesting! I know I tried going south paw when we used to spar because it's very difficult for a lefty and righty to have fight that isn't confusing. I failed but he was always better at switching to right handed.

@ctshooter I think that counts even reversed (bonus points for red hair? ) LOL @ kball I agree about eye dominance, and you being neutral seems ideal. And so ambi is more common than I thought which is interesting! I know I tried going south paw when we used to spar because it's very difficult for a lefty and righty to have fight that isn't confusing. I failed but he was always better at switching to right handed.

Sorry no - greying baldy here.

Left handed on my firearms right handed with a bow.

If you want to play with something that's fun to shoot wrong handed or left-handed as it were try an M60. Feed tray catch sits right on you left cheekbone and at 550 rounds a minute it grinds in there pretty deep pretty quick unless you grasp the weapon with your right hand between your cheek and the feed tray.

I don't understand manufacturers not offering an Ambi option to everyone. It's just good business.

Reactions: TWBUILD
@MACTEN - I guess I'm the exact reverse - right handed and left eye dominant. I shoot pistols righty (with my left eye) but rifles lefty.

I shoot exactly the same way. I am also right handed and left eye dominant. Another reason I use my left eye is because I can't close my left eye and leave my right eye open but I can close my right eye and leave and leave the left one open. I bet I'm the only one here with that condition. 

For a couple of years I did shoot with both eyes open but after awhile it felt like my eyes were straining. I'm just more comfortable shooting with my left eye.

@MACTEN - I guess I'm the exact reverse - right handed and left eye dominant. I shoot pistols righty (with my left eye) but rifles lefty.

I shoot exactly the same way. I am also right handed and left eye dominant. Another reason I use my left eye is because I can't close my left eye and leave my right eye open but I can close my right eye and leave and leave the left one open. I bet I'm the only one here with that condition. 

For a couple of years I did shoot with both eyes open but after awhile it felt like my eyes were straining. I'm just more comfortable shooting with my left eye.

Actually you are not the only one. When I was around 10 at sleep away camp, the first time I got to shoot .22, I shot lefty because I couldn't close my left eye by itself. I had no idea about eye dominance at that time. I spent about a year at one point actually training myself to close both eyelids independently and now I can do either side at will, but still shooting on my right side with a rifle feels completely awkward.

for over fifty+ years i shot right handed and right eye dominant. (im 62)

in 2018 i lost vision in my right eye and had to have surgery on my left so i could see to drive.

my left was my worst eye.

today i can count the horns on a buck @ 100yrds and further !!

my ophthalmologist was a miracle worker and rebuilt my left eye so i could function.

my right eye will never regain sight, so he fixed me up and i learned to shoot left handed.

and can do a great job of it !!!!