• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

15% of all shooters are lefty but...

for over fifty+ years i shot right handed and right eye dominant. (im 62)

in 2018 i lost vision in my right eye and had to have surgery on my left so i could see to drive.

my left was my worst eye.

today i can count the horns on a buck @ 100yrds and further !!

my ophthalmologist was a miracle worker and rebuilt my left eye so i could function.

my right eye will never regain sight, so he fixed me up and i learned to shoot left handed.

and can do a great job of it !!!!

gendoc, great story. I'm the same age as you. I'm glad you had a great eye doctor and were able to adapt.

I am right handed but left eye dominant. I can shoot a pistol with my right hand but prefer to use my left. I always shoot rifles and shotguns from my left shoulder.

I have a Prod and moved my bolt to the left initially but moved it back. I prefer to cock with my right hand. I also have an Avenger and a SPA P35. The Avenger stock is about equally poor from either shoulder but it works. My favorite is the P35. You can reportedly move the forward cocking lever to the left but I have not tried. The magazine is flush so it's no problem. If you like bullpups it's a great choice for a lefty.

I don't like a rear cocking lever but the Taipan can apparently be on either side. I think Uragan is the same way. So there are nice PCPs that work for lefties. I haven't decided to spend that much, yet.

Lefty here as well, I can shoot pistol right or left but left only for rifle!! Golf, bat, and other sports are right handed, dont know why just feels right I guess..left eye dominate andvyes always had to look hard for true left hand actions. People have always ask " arevyou left handed" and I always say nope, I use my right hand, if I used this hand (right) that would be the WRONG hand !! So you might say I use the right hand (on my left hand side) LOL...