1400 Yards new Airgun World Record

wow you beat my 900 yards , my hat off to you

I do have a few questions , I showed my friend video , and he has shot 1200 yrs with a texan , and I 900 yards with a .22 cal pcp

You said flight was 7.7 seconds this would make your speed at about 1355fps and 428 fpe , does this gun really put oout this much or did you make a mistake with time or possibly bc ?

I figured out with a . senaro where somehow your ammo was .241 BC and then you would of shot 880fps and have 105fpe , this sounds more closer ? if not please explain more details thanks LOU

This shows what a boat-tailed slug can do as far as ballistic stability, and flight path travel, when the right combination of energy and projectile shape are combined. That being said, this combination should offer precious little deviation at the usual pcp distances we ordinary humans utilize, and leave us few excuses when we miss.

Half the fun of owning a pcp is doing something no one else has done because it was thought to be impossible.

Congratulations on your hard work and accomplishments. Though I have little interest in ranges so extreme that precision shooting on small targets is lost, I AM very impressed with your work, because you have apparently solved an issue than has evaded many long range shooters. See, MOST long range airgun shooters gravitate right off to bigger and bigger bores in order to maintain energy at long distance by means of heavy slugs, but I personally am not a fan of bigbore airguns.

Longer bullets gives best BC, but the weight goes up fast with larger calibers, and it takes a lot of air to shove heavy weights to high velocities. Smaller bore bullets are lighter, and to me, more correct for precision shooting.

But the high bore friction from long skinny smallbore bullets generally has limited airguns from really high velocity with them due to the fairly low propulsive pressure available (compared to firearms).

Can you reveal the pressure used in your rifle?

I’m with you Therallid, .22 and smaller! I sold my .30 Raw after PAcup, never again will I shoot anything larger, only have .22’s & .177’s now, the only drawback to the .22RD’s is getting them to stabilize quickly out of barrel! Which I believe this is why you have to shoot these at the higher velocity’s ? In my mind if you don’t have stabilization quickly bc goes out the window.... and to add to that I think that’s why the .30’s are so popular it’s not the bc it’s how quickly they stabilize out of the barrel? 

thank you all for your comments. I'm glad you liked our video. It took a lot of our effort and it was my 25-year-old dream of having an air rifle capable of firing at hundreds of meters with sufficient accuracy

Motorhead:
More important with any air weapon is at what range you can CONSISTENTLY hit a target of a known size while shooting a gun that is self contained and truly portable ?

As AirgunBill already wrote. All developed technologies and procedures are further transferred to more common shooting. Better muzzle consistency, lower power consumption, higher performance, better Bc bullets. These are transferable values. And this video is only a demonstration of these values under extreme stress.

If you look at my other videos so you find that in the basic design with the M24 rifle and standard our bullets can you have a 5 shot on full airtube with accurate shooting up to 300-350m (target 6x6 inches)

dyotat100:
Hate to sound negative but where is the 595 moa in the scope?

As mtnGhost and JungleShooter already wrote Moa booster is used. It's a technology similar to charlie tarac, with the difference that its cost was at a totally different level than how much I can bought tarac.

Long_Gun_Dallas:
Pushing a 61gr .22 slug like that with a 12cc plenum is pretty wild

this is an M24 modified rifle for this purpose. Special barrel and plenum is bigger, everything other parts is standard Altaros M24.

Crosman999:
My biggest question beyond what Doug Noble has asked, wheres the recoil? With the power needed to achieve that range some recoil must be seen when trigger is pulled. Am I wrong in thinking this, especially with just a bipod?

As I already answered on youtube under the video: When using stable good bipod like EVO TK3, rear bag, extra tuned rifles for low air consumption and good grip It can recoil almost cancel out. Recoil you see a little bit of a camera knock after every shot and the laptop lid while vibrate.

jwrabbit123
You said flight was 7.7 seconds this would make your speed at about 1355fps and 428 fpe , does this gun really put oout this much or did you make a mistake with time or possibly bc ?

you will find all the necessary information on the video at this time: https://youtu.be/B5ioDdftZIM?t=88

BC G1 0.266 is still relatively smaller. It would be possible to achieve better but 1: 9 Twist limits me at this moment. Another version I want to deal with 1: 7 twisst, where I would like to get significantly up on BC G1 0.3

Therealld and nomojo65

yes exactly as you write. I don't like big bore. I am not a hunter (in my country it is even forbidden with airgun). 

I care about accuracy and accuracy is good BC and excellent consistency. Larger caliber does not bring me any of this. It is like a fire gun, when it leaves the larger caliber like .308 and goes to smaller calibers like 6 - 6.5mm.

Large calibers, as you already mentioned, demand extreme air consumption, extreme loudness and except more energy (if you don't hunt it is in most cases a nuisance ) does not bring better BC or speed, it is exactly opposite.

Therealld
Can you reveal the pressure used in your rifle?

the output pressure from the regulator was about 195bar

Great but at what distance are groups kept at 4” or less? 
How many people did I say a longer loading chamber and faster twist is what I want in .22 because .257 is too much for my needs.

The record setting is great on deviation. My Rainstorm with Altaros reg is the .22 that can take caps off water bottles at 100 yards. 
I don’t mind 10-12’ of drop with pellets for plinking and learning wind. 
Slugs, I’ll push as much as no limit rings and scope has so 600 at absolute most for plinking and more often than not it’s 300-400 yards. 
Hey he did it. I’m sure 754’ of drop took a few tries but whatever. 
let’s see what comes of it and Congrats Andre.

Here you will find an uncut version of the video : https://youtu.be/t2IKFGXNT44

The World record video was made after the first hit, when I found out I didn't have the Nikkon P 1000 zoom recording turned on.

As you can see, the total number of shots was only by one shot higher than the cut version of video. With luck, I'd hit the target with a second shot. For hit was missing only a few inches.

I would like to appeal to other shooters who will try to do something similar to post these uncut shots video.

The difference is to hit a target after firing a large number of shots and rely more or less on random hits and then cut the video with just a few nice shots that hit next to the target, but to cut off the other bad ones compared to this video where all the shots are visible !

Crosman999:

Yes there is a relatively high probability that the standard model of our M24 rifle will be seen on IWA at our partner

JamesD.

Thank you

If I use the right set rings and my favorite SWFA riflescope, with our M24 rifle in basic design (LW barrel) and our basic 31grain bullet, I can shoot in the range of 5-400m at aiming to the center of the crosshairs just by changing the rifle scope elevation setting.

For 10cm (4 inches) diameter target I think that the distance could be about 250-260 m when the chance of hit should be quite high even in non-ideal weather conditions.

Commonly for my relax (plinking) shooting I choose 310m and target 15x15cm (6 inches). The success of hit vast majority of cases depends on my ability to read the wind and also on the correct execution of the shot (holding the rifle, pulling the trigger)

Some may say what is the point of pushing the limits. First of all it is great to have the freedom to take any path you want to the pursuit of happiness. It seems in the U.S. that some what to tell you how much money you can make, how big a house you can live in, or what car you can drive and so on and so on. Some on this forum what to tell us what type of hunting or shooting we can do and things like how many shots per fill you really need. I see from pushing the limits in any area in a safe way that does don't endanger people as a way of learning and improving our sport and equipment. I know from the sport of auto racing improvements to the performance and safety of our everyday vehicles has happened. I know this occurs in other areas of our life. So congratulations on this record and the hard work you had to have put into this achievement. Bill

+1