• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

14 Caliber Airgun??

I know there air .14 firearms out there. But never heard of a airgun.

The world’s smallest production pistol is the Kolibri (German for “hummingbird”), designed by an Austrian watchmaker by the name of Franz Pfannl. About a thousand of these tiny pistols were made between about 1910 and the beginning of World War I in 1914
The Kolibri is in all ways a standard firearm, but smaller. It uses the same simple blowback mechanism as many modern .22, .25, and .32 caliber pistols, but is chambered for a proprietary (and now rare) 2.7mm centerfire cartridge. This cartridge fired a minuscule 3-grain bullet at 650 feet per second, giving it less muzzle energy than a typical airgun pellet. 2.82fpe

If you where to build a airgun your pellets would only weigh 4 grains or so.

Last edited:
While on the opposite end of my favorite spectra of firearms, i do know of the kolibri, and also remember first time seeing it in some firearm almanack in the days before the interweb.

.177 is fine enough, can be made really sound / power friendly, and can also reach far for such a little thing, and yes if i was given the chance i would step up to .22 or even larger.
But that is not going to happen with my benovolent rulers, and here i am phrasing myself carefully as otherwise, well them be Putin crazy no matter the side of the political spectrum.

How about 12 cal.?

How about 12 cal.?

I have a couple of .21 caliber pumpers.

I have a RWS 6M pistol which is a spring piston, break barrel pseudo target gun. It is Giss system and you do not ever want to dry fire it. One day, feeding it Gamo WC "match" pellets, I heard the pellet hit the floor. It had dropped clean thru the barrel! It was a perfectly formed diablo wadcutter of .14 cal. Somebody must have been looking toward a .14 cal and mixed a pellet into the wrong tin.