• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

13xx steel breech

I have searched all the aftermarket steel breeches ads I can find online and I can't seem to find the dimensions listed anywhere. How long are the crossman steel breeches?? Alliance hobby breach? Mac 1? I am not going to list them all but that's my question. I am not interested in any of the multi shot breeches or aluminum or brass offerings.if anyone has these numbers or can tell me where I can get them myself I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks for your help.

About 6-1/4” long

318ADD1E-6169-43BE-92BE-3898FAFAE403.1620130757.jpeg

Not sure but I can say that the Crosman bolt to breech fit is a bit sloppy. Not that they don't werq fine just that the aftermarkets have a quality feel when you operate them that the Crosmans don't.

I do agree. I’ve had my Crosman steel breach for a few months. I think I’m going to try and put a larger O-ring on the front of the bolt. 
The gun shoots good. But the sloppy fit is a bit annoying. And I can help but to think a little air pressure can escape due to the pore fit. 

Thanks MHAG, That's what I was looking for!! I have somehow missed seeing that breech before now!! Thanks again!! Sounds like the one!!

I have this particular breech, and yes, they have a bit of tighter tolerance than the Crosman ones.

BTW, it has a provision for the rear sight akin to the plastic one.

Also, it does not come with a bolt handle and probe.

The rest of my breeches are stainless Don Cothrans.

I did hear good things, too, about the GMAC breeches in the UK.

Their standard ones are about $50, but the multi-shot versions are pricey for around $150 something.

Thanks for the info. I want a cothran but he doesn't have any right now would really prefer steel to aluminum but.will have to settle for a aluminum one as shown by MHAG. Who makes the best extended bolt probe? I am really looking forward to seeing what can be done with this thing!! Like the johnny cash psycho billy cadillac, one piece at a time!!!!

The ambidextrous one from Alchemy is steel and not aluminum.

I had an aluminum one from Baker, which I donated because I did not like the finish nor the way the bolt handle rested on the notch.

My probes and bolt handles are all from Don Cothran.

Charles Melon also does nice work, but he is swamped with orders right now:

https://mellonair.myfreesites.net/177-22-bolts