1389 backpacker steel breech

Never have seen your model but would think, yes some crosman steel breech (or after market) will fit right on. I googled for a picture of your breech and it seems like the SSP250 model. SteveV here on the forums knows some crosman stuff and put a steel breech on a ssp250 for the misses. My understanding is it bolted right on but don't spend any money unless some else thinks it sound right. 

Now "old screw" location breech would seem right (?) but some have both locations.

Might be a slightly different dia. tube on a 1389 vs a 22xx but if they are I think your in good shape.

John

1562981456_20188928685d2934502c90b1.48902707_ssp250.jpg

I was thinking, if the breech fits and that amazon review said he had to drill a new transfer port in the barrel, wouldn't having 2 transfer port holes cause a loss of air?

Also, that would mean the transfer port on the new breech would line up with the one on the air reservoir. I may be able to cut the barrel down eliminating the old transfer port and drill a new one to match. I'm just afraid of the measurements. One hair off and it's ruined. Any thoughts?

i had to get that (breakable ) plastic clip and the pellet inserts from bryan and assciates........i believe baker airguns bought all those crosman parts... ask them....... just wanna make sure that breech screw lines up on your newer breech...............that was a weak point on that gun,,,,,lessened accuracy, too..... paul. ............uh, someone mentioned the breech screw holes lining up.......they couldve made those crosman 262 and ssp250 clips from aluminum........ those valves are more powerful , tho