• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

1377 parts and pieces on the way

• Thread starter Deleted member 46449
  • Start date
What I see mostly running around town now are golf carts, quads, and side by sides. Our City Council voted to allow all of them free use of city streets. Not one of those vehicles pays for plates that end up helping fund repair and maintenance on our streets.
Sounds like Florida where my parents live. The blue hairs are all over the place contributing to the carnage. At least they have to pay a city level registration fee.

Sounds like Florida where my parents live. The blue hairs are all over the place contributing to the carnage. At least they have to pay a city level registration fee.

I think the towns around here decided to allow quads and side by sides after most of the farmers in our area began using them as "farm equipment". No licensing is required for a farm implement. A lot of farmers use quads to spray their fields. I can understand that being a legitimate reason to allow them on the roads. Unfortunately, most, if not all, of those farmers then began to use the quads as basic transportation to just run around the country on. As that was accepted the town boards and city councils voted to allow them use on city streets. Side by sides and golf carts were a kind of natural progression and were included in the various local ordinances.

Looks like it'll be a day or two before I get back on working on the 1377. It'll also be a while before I try to build a pellet trap. Seems I had a slight mishap yesterday afternoon. I now recall exactly why all my doctors told me NOT to use any power equipment. I have a couple of health issues that require heavy medication and I have permanent nerve damage in my right arm and hand. Long story short? I lost control of my circular saw while cutting a piece of plywood. Nothing that required a trip to the ER but, serious enough to have been pretty scary. What happened wasn't nearly as scary as what MIGHT have happened. Thinking about that kind of shook me. Lesson learned, I guess. LOL! I know that when I do get back to the trap I'll be going a whole different route than what I planned.

Looks like it'll be a day or two before I get back on working on the 1377. It'll also be a while before I try to build a pellet trap. Seems I had a slight mishap yesterday afternoon. I now recall exactly why all my doctors told me NOT to use any power equipment. I have a couple of health issues that require heavy medication and I have permanent nerve damage in my right arm and hand. Long story short? I lost control of my circular saw while cutting a piece of plywood. Nothing that required a trip to the ER but, serious enough to have been pretty scary. What happened wasn't nearly as scary as what MIGHT have happened. Thinking about that kind of shook me. Lesson learned, I guess. LOL! I know that when I do get back to the trap I'll be going a whole different route than what I planned.
Thank God nothing happened, best way to learn sometimes is a scary close call.

I think the towns around here decided to allow quads and side by sides after most of the farmers in our area began using them as "farm equipment". No licensing is required for a farm implement. A lot of farmers use quads to spray their fields. I can understand that being a legitimate reason to allow them on the roads. Unfortunately, most, if not all, of those farmers then began to use the quads as basic transportation to just run around the country on. As that was accepted the town boards and city councils voted to allow them use on city streets. Side by sides and golf carts were a kind of natural progression and were included in the various local ordinances.
It's primarily golf carts in FL. They are also real popular as tourist rental vehicles in Key West. In Key West just about everyone down there is two sheets to the wind drunk 24/7 also..

Thank God nothing happened, best way to learn sometimes is a scary close call.

Actually not just a close call. I did a little flesh damage. Nothing a little first aid cream and 4 butterfly bandaids wouldn't cure. I was careless and that right arm did one of its twitching things and,,,,, ZIP,,,,, a little (not so little) blood appeared. I had taught myself how to do things with the twitch, but I got in a hurry and didn't follow my own rules for using power tools. LOL!

It was a real learning experience when they put me on the medication that causes me problems. They told me to be really careful until I got used to the medication, but I kind of ignored their advice. I was in the shop fine tuning a carburetor on a riding mower and I began to smell something strange. I couldn't figure out what that strange smell was. I kept on tuning and when I was done, I started to take a drag off the little cigar I had in my left hand. I hadn't realized it, but that cigar had burned down to the point it was burning flesh between the two fingers holding it. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. LOL! I have since quit smoking and turned to e-cigs. That's much safer for me.

It's primarily golf carts in FL. They are also real popular as tourist rental vehicles in Key West. In Key West just about everyone down there is two sheets to the wind drunk 24/7 also..

I have a sister and brother-in-law that just moved down there less than a year ago. He is a big golfer and the place they bought HAD to include a nearby golf course and the ability to use a golf cart on the streets to get there. One of the reasons he insisted on the golf cart is,,,,, you guessed it, he's three sheets to the wind from about 7:00am to midnight.