1377 Moderator

As an introvert by nature I wouldn't ordinarily post information unless it was advise requested of me. As an airgunner wanting to be able to fully use this site, I find myself posting more than my personality would like. That said, I didn't see much on the Buck Rail moderators for Crosman 1377 and thought I would share my impressions.

First, I have no affiliation with this or any company. The customer service was great. Although I never spoke to anyone, his site was easy to use and he shipped my purchase out the day after I bought it with easy to track shipping info. I found the moderator easy to install and I was very please with the results. I should say I purchase three moderators that day, one 1/2" universal, one for a Crosman R1, and the one for my 1377 (heck they ae pretty inexpensive). I tried the R1 first and it did not make a big difference, but that gun is pretty quiet to start with. I was concerned that the others would have similar results, but to my surprise the 1377 was a night and day difference at 10 pumps. I tried the universal one on my Seneca Dragonfly Mk2 and again on 15 pumps it is extremely quiet. I used to be concerned about "alerting" the neighbors, but with these installed, I can shoot all day with no concerns. Pic of my 1377 included.
1377.jpeg

The 1377/22 is a long pistol to start with and adding a moderator only makes it longer. So I prefer a removable moderator for convenient storage.
I use this https://gmaccustomparts.com/13xx-barrel-band-for-silencer-1 with a .875” TKO with 1/2”-20 UNF threads. The metal band is 100% better than the OEM plastic one.
Not as inexpensive as BuckRail I suppose

EF56A4EA-64DC-4FF3-B478-F58F45F352ED.jpeg
5D017E2B-7874-411C-ADF8-603F4B919F04.jpeg

If I used my 1377 for more than a "finishing gun", I might be interested. And... since I can't shoot my 1377 worth a damn past about 8-10 yards... well... even that is questionable! (chuckle)

I am good with my 9mm SD pistols out to 25 yards, but I practice with them like it was a religion.

In ANY case, thanks for the post! I know some people will find it useful. If not now, definitely in the future! (smile);)

My pistols may soon only be useful as dispatch guns also. I have always been an open sight pistol shooter but unfortunately my eyes are going to hell and I’m struggling with open sights these days. Trying out a scope for the first time on a pistol and have to say I’m not liking it all that much. Makes the pistol heavy and awkward. Maybe I’ll get used to it evidently😕

I’ve got a red dot to try out also so maybe that’ll be better. This get older crap sucks and I’ve got a couple of rides around the sun yet before I’ll even hit 50 😳

My pistols may soon only be useful as dispatch guns also. I have always been an open sight pistol shooter but unfortunately my eyes are going to hell and I’m struggling with open sights these days. Trying out a scope for the first time on a pistol and have to say I’m not liking it all that much. Makes the pistol heavy and awkward. Maybe I’ll get used to it evidently😕

I’ve got a red dot to try out also so maybe that’ll be better. This get older crap sucks and I’ve got a couple of rides around the sun yet before I’ll even hit 50 😳
You will definitely find that red dot to be an improvment. At least it was with me. I found it was easier to hold steady with the red dot when shooting off hand than it was with a scope.
I know what you mean about eyes getting older.

Reactions: MileHighAirGunner