• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning 1322 mod

I've got two... It's my opinion that the 13xx is best suited to 177. Both mine are 22s, however. Maybe I will convert the pumper to 177.... It has a 14.5" barrel and is barely powerful enough. (10 fpe @ 10 pumps) I have another that is pcp, so that's a bit different. I really feel that a 25 13xx would definitely be under-powered, but that is an opinion. Nothing more.

The new pistons and valves in the 1322 are actually much better than they used to be. Very close actually to a flat top setup. Mine is fully upgraded, though and tops out at 15fpe. The hammer spring is already stout. Upgrading it or adding tension doesn't do much if anything. 25 might be viable for 10m plinking. I could see that being fun. But I tend to shoot a lot between 20-30 yards. At 30 the 25 pellet would be like a flightless bird jumping off of a cliff. 

x2 on what Dallas said about the hammer spring. So long as it is strong enough to dump the air in the valve (cock it again and pull the trigger and get no air), that's all it needs to do. Anything above that is just making the trigger pull more difficult. I don't rank myself a trigger snob but the Crosman direct sear trigger on the 1322, 2240, etc. is the epitome of mediocrity, so my advice is take care not to make it worse by leaning on the hammer harder than necessary.