12fpe PCP in .177, penny for your thoughts....

I have several guns that more than meet my needs, but the .177 PCP keeps bugging me as something I want. 

I want something that is very accurate at that power level, relatively easy to work on, a hunter - not a competition gun, can be a bullpup - but doesn't have to be as long as it's not too long/heavy either, doesn't have to be ultra adjustable - I just want low power on this one, maybe less than $1,200. 

The one that keeps coming to mind maybe as second hand Leshiy? What would be your pick?

Point me in the right direction

Thanks

Christian

Well...

I Would like a slightly heavy gun for the kneelers and standers... so the Priest comes to play!

I don’t know if you guys know Tonka! That was a indistructible toy (car) back when I was young ...... it performs!! At 50 meters by shooting in to 9mm bullit holes.... it is a chirgical piece of equipement that I wil use next year in the European championship Field Target in Belgium ...

before I used a Walther LG400 super gun.. but 2.7 times the price.. so a lot off bang for the buck I would say!

Check the topics here I would say!,

Alex

Well...

I Would like a slightly heavy gun for the kneelers and standers... so the Priest comes to play!

I don’t know if you guys know Tonka! That was a indistructible toy (car) back when I was young ...... it performs!! At 50 meters by shooting in to 9mm bullit holes.... it is a chirgical piece of equipement that I wil use next year in the European championship Field Target in Belgium ...

before I used a Walther LG400 super gun.. but 2.7 times the price.. so a lot off bang for the buck I would say!

Check the topics here I would say!,

Alex

Very familiar with Tonka, I was just a child in the 70s & 80s. I will look at those guns you recommend, but off the bat they sound like BenchRest guns. If so, not what I want/need, looking for light, hunting, easy to work on. 

AA s 200 or cz 200 in .177. you will be hard pressed to fine a more accurate rifle. Get it right the first time and never look back.. scoped Will shoot a cloverleaf with jsb 8.4 @ 40 yds.

Have always liked those, classic look to them. Do they come threaded? I need quiet. If I get this one, there’s a green model that’s the Cat’s meow. Also, are they easy to work on? That’s what calls me to the Leshiy, just looking at options. 

how about going the other direction. for $300 you can pick up a Crosman Fortitude. Turn the wrench all the way in and it's a sub 12 fpe gun, or all the way out and it's a 20 plus FPE gun. Light, and quite a bit less expensive than the others. Granted the trigger needs help, but there are many videos on how to make it a better trigger.

I was considering a 12 fpe gun, but the costs of the high end guns got to me, the Fortitude is the right price, dead simple to adjust, what's not to like?

almost forgot, Nation19 code gives you 10% off at PA, so it's only $270.

Years ago, I ordered a RAW HM1000 to compete in light varmint benchrest. As such, it had to be 12 fpe or less and it's weight with scope had to be less than 10.5 pounds. This rifle, next to my TM1000 heavy varmint BR gun is the most accurate in my possession. I use JSB 8.44 gr pellets and it gets around 200 shots per fill. It's now being used for FT and works extremely well. I was able to bump up the energy to 15 fpe which is more than enough to knock down the bunnies at 55 yards. The only options I ordered were the thumbhole stock, carbon fiber bottle to keep the weight down and and accessory rail. I forgot to mention that this is the most quiet gun I've ever experienced.

1559780379_12076306505cf85c1b195437.48261053_HM1000 full right view.jpg

1559780501_919590185cf85c95e620a4.34686273_HM1000 5 shots at 50 yd.jpg

To be honest, any of the top/mid range and most of the bottom range pcp guns in sub 12fpe .177 are capable at one hole groups at 40 yards with the right pellet, some are capable of sun moa groups at 100yards although energy levels have dropped markedly.

here is an entire 17 shot group from my sub 12fpe.177 theoben mfr at 45 yards outside.

1559818103_12883231645cf8ef77db9223.81914540_9E5076F3-45D3-4923-885C-4C5D4A6C34BD.png

The group above the bull at the 6, is an 8 shot group (left right push is due to the wind

and here is a 5 shot group again at 45yards

1559818409_7176068155cf8f0a90ae5a7.80013703_A1809FAE-0848-4C42-8CCD-1DF96EACCD8E.jpeg

Bb

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I will definitely take a look at most of them and do my homework. So far I can tell you:

Priest: Pretty sure is not for me, may be a great gun, but frankly it just does not appeal to me.

CZ200: It's a good contender, will look further into it. Is it easy to service? Does it come pre-threaded?

Fortitude: I don't mind in-expensive, but I held one (or similar) once and it just felt cheap, I don't need a Thomas or similar quality on this gun, but the plastic feel of these just turned me off. If I found one for a steal that I could re-sell if need be, maybe. 

RAW: Probably bigger and more expensive than what I want. Everything being equal, I prefer tubes vs tanks too. 

Uragan: Probably more than I want to spend, but if Charlie has them, I may be able to handle one in the near future.

Regal/Compatto: Had one of each (in .22) let them go because I did not know how to work on them. The Regal was probably the most beautiful airgun I ever owned. The compatto had little quirks that I did not care for. Maybe a Bantam, but not sure if it's maintenance friendly for me? 

Theoben: Not familiar with them, even though I recognize the name. Are they easy to work on? Heavy?

Leshiy: Probably the most appealing so far. 

Thanks again, time to reflect now and do some homework.