• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

12 volt yong heng?

YONG HENG PCP Air Compressor Auto-Stop, 4500 PSI Air Compressor Oil-Free W/Built-in Water-Oil Separator Filter, 30MPA High Pressure Air Compressor Pump Air Fan Cooling Powered by Car 12V DC 110V AC https://a.co/d/5b3f4yq
Just saw this in search for a portable compressor. Wonder if it's easier to get parts than some of the others.
The unit is rated for 350 watts. At actual car battery voltage on alternator charge (13.8 volts) that has a 25.8 amp draw. You won't get that current out of an accessory plug or car lighter as those are usually fused at 10 amps. Years ago I ran a 100 watt (output) ham radio mobile and had to wire the power cord directly to the battery to get the current I needed. If you can rig a power cord with jumper cable clamps on the end that might work. Just don't run your battery down.

I would not expect longevity from it but who knows... Without water cooling the cylinder head will get hot real quick. I doubt any fan that would fit in that casing would have the CFM necessary for the job. Perhaps it's OK for filling guns but wouldn't want to try filling a bottle with it. Regards

Trying to make it work off a car or lightweight battery means it cannot be ~1500W like my water cooled Yong Heng. 350W seems like it would be a reasonable balance between the compressor being so slow that it gets really annoying and too big where you can't reasonably get power to it.

It would be interesting for somebody knowledgable to do a tear down and say whether it is different from the 12V that have been out for awhile or not.

I continue to like filling from my 45 minute SCBA tank including when I am not at home. But these little, more portable, compressors still are interesting. Maybe some day.

Reactions: Hopper
Any way you slice your cookie, you cant get away cleanly with a 2 piston compressor!
They diesel and self destruct seals at an alarming rate.

Dont trust me?
Ask anyone with a 2 piston true 4500psi compressor if they have ever gone past 50 running hours, before rebuilding???

3 and 4 piston compressors will fly by 500 hours of runtime with little but an oil change.
It's funny that there's no cheap good 3-4 cylinder compressors coming out of China. There's plenty to copy and most of them has been on the market for the past 30+ years.

They're hard to make and profit is low, thats why!

They earn their money from the stupids that keep buying trash compressors that keep on failing, and expecting them not to do so!!!

Last edited: